Aiming to buy an NSX... maybe.

Hello guys!

I'v been sneaking around this forum for some time now reading about your wonderful cars.

I'm having serious thaughts about getting an NSX this spring, but still I'm torn. I currently have a Nissan 300zx, many ppl think its the best looking one ever (including me) so its really hard parting with it.
But there's someting special about a NSX and I can't seem to get the thaught of owning one out of my head!

Anyway I put it up for sale and a guy is coming to check the car out next week. So this is the last call if I want to keep it.

Please help convince me that I'm making the right choice! :confused:

This is what my Z looks like:
mega%5C312298_1_mega.JPG

more pix: http://members.cardomain.com/orangemadness

RacingHeart, VERY nice looking Z Car!
rickysals, I agree.
Briank, I also agree, but go easy! I just moved up from a '96 300ZX to an '04 Imola, and am currently enjoying BOTH! :smile: :biggrin: :smile:

Compared to the NSX, 300ZX is common here in sweden too. We have about 30 NSX's in Sweden and 400 300ZX's.(Small country :tongue: )

If I get an NSX I won't keep it bone-stock. I'll just polish it a little bit...
Not as wild as my Z, allthough I think its more "spice" than rice?
I've seen worse plastic abuse on this site. :wink:

RacingHeart said:
If I get an NSX I won't keep it bone-stock. I'll just polish it a little bit...
Not as wild as my Z, allthough I think its more "spice" than rice?
I've seen worse plastic abuse on this site. :wink:

I have too. Your Z looks great.

Hi,

I owned a 93' 300ZX that I purchased from a colector. It was flawless. I loved the car and had it for about a year and enjoyed the drive every time I got into it.

I own a 92 NSX I bought from the owner of an Acura dealer. It is flawless. The NSX is a very significant upgrade, but in ways you might not recognize on your first drive. Sure it looks more exotic, is more exclusive, but the driving experience is very different.

Let me be the first to encourage you to get the NSX. You will never regret it. Although you may look back on your 300 fondly, you'll know you did the right thing.

Good luck, but make sure your future NSX is in as good condition as your 300 was when you sell it. The only way you could go wrong is by purchasing a NSX that's in rough shape because you're eager to get it after selling your baby.

RacingHeart: I, too, sold a 300zx to buy my NSX and as others have said, as good as the zx is, it is no NSX. A joke for you, one my father told me more than 50 years ago (he was from Norway, my mother was from Sweden): "The Swedes invented the toilet seat, but it took a smart Norwegian to figure out that you had to cut a hole in it." :biggrin: Cheers!

Great looking 300zx! wow! My friend picked one up and I think they are wonderful cars. I think they feel faster than a 3.0 NSX because they have so much more TQ, but in reality, the NSX is slightly faster.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Hey - Welcome to Prime!

You've got a beautiful Z. It is incredible how great those cars still are after so many years.

First step is driving an NSX - you may decide that its not enough to give up your car, with all the emotion you have for it, for an NSX.

Doubt it though ;D

But you win either way.

Nice Z, there's really no way to even compare. I'm a relatively new NSX owner, and I'll just ask you this..."Have you had 2 complete strangers (20 to 25 years old) stop you in the last 3 weeks, and ask if they can take pictures of your Z?" 'Nuff said.

Oldguy said:
"The Swedes invented the toilet seat, but it took a smart Norwegian to figure out that you had to cut a hole in it." :biggrin: Cheers!
I'm pretty sure it was the other way around? :rolleyes:

93BlkOnBlkNSX said:
Nice Z, there's really no way to even compare. I'm a relatively new NSX owner, and I'll just ask you this..."Have you had 2 complete strangers (20 to 25 years old) stop you in the last 3 weeks, and ask if they can take pictures of your Z?" 'Nuff said.
No, but I once had a guy ask how many millions it costs. :biggrin:

Selling seems more and more like the right option since all you pre Z owners dont seem to regret going for an NSX at all.

Last edited:
Another Previous 300ZX owner here, 93 300ZX turbo :biggrin:

It was a great car, but man, NSX is just so much better all around, especially in look and comfort department.

Absolutely zero regrets, in fact I don't miss it a bit, that I almost forgot I used to be a 300ZX owner.

I am also a previous 300ZX owner (owned a '90 from '93 to '03).

I used the Z as my "beater car" when I bought my NSX :biggrin:

I'm also a former 300Z TT owner, and ditto to what these guys are saying. I only miss it when I'm not driving the NSX. :biggrin:

Back