Aftermarket rear quarter panels / fenders?

Been searching around and as also emailing some vendors but haven't come across what I'm looking for...

Does anyone make replacement OEM-replica rear quarter panels? I see that some vendors sell the DF wider front fenders (used to great effect on the Clarion Builds NSX), but does anyone make a replacement for the rear quarter panel? Figured someone must've done up a carbon or FRP piece by now but I haven't come across any in my searches. :confused:

That begs the question of why not. Why hasn't anyone made replacement rear fenders? OEM ones are so pricey, seems like it's a market waiting to be catered to...

I imagine with only 8949 made from 1991 through 2005 and who knows how many remaining, the market is too small to recoup the R&D on the tooling and subsequent manufacture. Best drive yours with care.

I imagine with only 8949 made from 1991 through 2005 and who knows how many remaining, the market is too small to recoup the R&D on the tooling and subsequent manufacture. Best drive yours with care.

I see where you're coming from. But then again, DF makes front fender replacements that are nearly stock (just a bit wider, obviously). So there's a market for front fenders... seems like there'd be enough of one for rear fenders, too. Unless of course, the rear fenders really are that much more complex to replicate....

The time and money spent sanding, filling, fitting, etc on aftermarket fenders would cost more than an Oem fender anyhow.Unless your a body man. There really is no point to make a factory style replacement fender for the rear. The front was only made by downforce to accommodate larger tires. Body panels fit extremely poorly on our cars. I would just post a WTB thread if your in need of some fenders. Unless you want to go wide and have your car made out of glass.:wink:

Point taken. Didn't realize that even the Downforce fenders required a lot of work to have a proper fit....

That begs the question of why not. Why hasn't anyone made replacement rear fenders? OEM ones are so pricey, seems like it's a market waiting to be catered to...
There is enough space to run 300+ section tire with oem rear fender. No reason to do anything there. Front is a different story. That's why.

Was thinking more in terms of having a non-OEM option to replace a damaged quarter panel, not for modification purposes. Especially now that it seems Honda has discontinued the passenger quarter panel.

Oh, hey... Look at those.... Thanks for pointing those out!

Back