• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Aftermarket exhaust/header

Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust and/or header they are looking to sell. Looking for Taitec or Comptech and prefer something loud. im open to all brands. Im also not looking to pay retail. Ive seen people advertise used stuff and near new pricing. I get a pretty sweet hook up from SOS so im really tring to save some $$$. PM ME.

'97+ OEM headers & foreign web sites

hmmm... I do agree w/ you about demanding aftermarket parts are priced reasonably considering they are used and dont offer the manufacturer's bill of trade privileges- but ultimately it is THE seller who can go about as he wishes. I can offer the following suggestions, if you have the time & patience...

- Shop around for '97+ OEM headers, they are not much different than aftermarket headers. You'll experience realistic h.p gains on par w/ the DC's and Comptech's provided you do replace the OEM exhaust. I'm in the process of installing a set off a '00 NSX. I was swayed by a fellow NSX'er in Houston, loNfastNSX. Throw him a pm, he may have a set sitting around or know of others who may be letting go of there's.

- Also, try to get on the Japanese auction sites or other foreign auto enthusiasist sites... Well worth the time to search and at times to translate. That's what I plan to do, if/when I am looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my NSX (ie. Parallel Taitec JGTC, Tubi, ARC Titanium, Gruppe M ver3, others). I've come across some great deals on Mugen wheels (staggered sizes & offsets that are ok for the NSX), Mugen body kits, HKS suspension and exhausts for the NSX, and more!

:cool:

I saw them in the parts for sale thread but they seem kind of pricey. Looking to be around $1000...

For what it is worth, a lot of the japanese auction sites/sellers won't sell their articles overseas...... not sure why but I guess they are either afraid of getting ripped off or worried of the hassle of shipping the items. There are ways around it though (if you have good friends) :smile:

Back