• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Clutch?

Anyone with experience on aftermarket clutch? I am looking for something that is not so hard and pressure friendly. I need one that will be able to handle about 400-500hp and and about 300-400lbs of torq. The car is only used for street driving and no tracking. Any inputs and comments will help.

Why not consider the SOS Sport clutch. Theres been good reviews on it even from Z in Houston area..

I've been using SoS 275 for last I don't know 5k miles and it's been great. If I wouldn't stay NA I would definitely get 350 instead.

Last edited:
pedal pressure on the powergrip which uses sachs plates is twice the oem unit.Folks who have never driven my car invariably stall it .....You get used to it quickly though.

I remember reading something on this but why remove it? My memory isn't what it use to be.:redface:
Well it is used to smooth out clutch engagement. So when you release the pedal too quickly (or dump the clutch) slave cylinder won't "notice" much of a difference comparing to when you do it smoothly. This is just to prevent damage. I don't need this and it was killed. Did the same to my s2k too. Depends on life of the clutch, how fresh the fluid, operating temp etc you may or may not notice any difference. When I removed mine I also flushed the system so it was hard to compare. But in my s2k I could feel the difference how clutch started to grab when I released it in somewhat sprinted manner.

Last edited:
thanks for all the help fellas. ill make a decision soon and ill let you guys know how everything turns out with the new clutch.

Back