Advice on new NSX purchase

KBF

I am attempting to purchase a 2002...but want
a white COUPE (not a T). From the model info section here I understand that coupes haven't been shipped to the U.S. since 1996, and white (for some reason) is a rare color. My dealer (Valencia Acura) in Southern California has notified someone at Acura to contact him if a coupe (of any color) is allocated to the U.S. My question is: how can I proceed to preference a white coupe? I am not sure my dealer knows how to work with Acura, so I am attempting to help clarify the procedure (if there is one). Can a car actually be ordered? Thanks for any help.

You WILL NOT get a coupe unless you have it special ordered. I think something like 6 coupe's made it into the US last year and they were all special ordered...

Yep, you gotta special order a coupe. If your dealer is being mealy-mouthed about it, go to a different dealer.

FWIW, there was a red 2001 Coupe at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City for a long time. I think it's still there...

-Bob

From the model info section here I understand that coupes haven't been shipped to the U.S. since 1996

Not true. The only year they weren't shipped to the U.S. was 1995.

The red 2001 coupe at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City is still there. I was there last Saturday to check it out.
smile.gif

Too bad red isn't my color. If anyone knows of a black 2001 coupe, let me know!

-CiaoBoy

yep, still at hopkins... i got an e-mail from michael andrews today about it...

btw, hopkins is GREAT... i wouldn't buy an NSX from anyone else, or any acura for that matter...

kaye

Back