Advice on first NSX purchase.

I'm a long time Porsche guy but can't resist the NSX any longer. I seek your advice regarding this possible purchase. The car is a 99 with 24000 miles. It's a six speed car and is bone stock with no accident damage or paintwork. A PPI will be done and I anticipate doing the timing belt/water pump and whatever other service is required. I'm thinking $2000 for the service? If the car is as advertised what would be a good/fair price to pay? I'm near Tampa as is the car. I appreciate your inputs.

Depending---on a lot of things--condition, history, documentation, etc. I would expect the car to be in the mid $30K range. At $30K it's a bargin and at $40K--not so much. Try to find a local NSXPrime board member who will come over and take a look with you. Dealers get $1,500-2,000 for TB/WP svc. depending on location. There are better service solutions available if you are willing to travel a bit and trust in NSX experts like Barney at Ashland Motor Sports in Nashville. ($1,100. for TB/WP) He probably does 30-40 TB/WPs a year as well as anything you can come up with on NSX's. There are others out there with similar skills Like Brian at Source 1 in Cinci but get a referral from a PRIME member to get the best.

I too was a Porsche guy with 2- 928S4's behind me --then I retired-- to BMW E30 Verts and Honda Mini Bikes---yea quite a downgrade!
The NSX is a neat ride with plenty of fun both in performance and in looks. It is probably one of the better investments in the automotive world as there aren't many out there and they "AINT Makin them no mo"!
Drive it---feel comfortable, expect some normal "Honda" maintenance refreshing--with parts a bit more expensive then you would like but---NO ONE CHECKS OUT A PORSCHE ANYMORE AND EVERYBODY CHECKS OUT NSX'S TO THE EXTREME! Huck

Just buy it....few $ over few years does not matter? You should get a good deal with the market situation. Pics and details will help us/you. Good luck!

I'm a long time Porsche guy but can't resist the NSX any longer. I seek your advice regarding this possible purchase. The car is a 99 with 24000 miles. It's a six speed car and is bone stock with no accident damage or paintwork. A PPI will be done and I anticipate doing the timing belt/water pump and whatever other service is required. I'm thinking $2000 for the service? If the car is as advertised what would be a good/fair price to pay? I'm near Tampa as is the car. I appreciate your inputs.

JohnD,

This is a rare car, and it's the lightest NSX in U.S. There are only 50
Zanardi in U.S. It's a diamond in the rough to many fans!

http://www.stevenscreeknissan.com/us...30d2ada93c.htm

Wesley

Although I purchased my '98 NSX 20 months ago, I continue to follow pricing. I know asking price is not the same as sales price and additional detailed info on the car is required, but based on the current asking prices on nsxprime/cars.com/autotrader, I believe HUCK's estimate of the pricing for the car you are going to look at is a little low.

I was thinking $39K would be a fair price for all parties involved given the current economic conditions and time of year. The car has been for sale quite a while, starting at $49K, then $44K, then $41K.

Back