Advice from UK NSX owners needed

Hi

Are there any UK NSX owners here ? No offence to NSXPrime but I've tried to register with the UK nsxcb forum 3 times and never get registration emails and no response to my emails to them to ask for help so I've come here for help.

So here I am. I'm seriously considering an NSX. I had a 1998 onwards model Honda CRX as my first car and remember sitting in the NSX at the honda dealers and dreaming of one day owning one.I loved my CRX and think owning an NSX finally would give me the same feeling.

I've never driven one and not even been near one in years (I saw one drive past me probably 12 months ago).

I want one that's mint (doesn't everyone) and original. I'm probably more interested in the original 1991 version and am nearly at the stage when I'm going to say yes to one.

Problem is it's an automatic (UK) and deep down I'd rather it was a manual but I don't honestly know how long I could have to wait until a mint manual I can afford may come along.

I would also actually like to just come and see one if anyone is in the North West (UK).

If you have one/are thinking of selling one/can give advice on waiting or not/or just walk away and spend less on something modern like a V8 Vantage ? please help me.

I'm aware this forum seems to be very US based (no offence to you) but I'm really after UK help here. I worried if I wait 6 - 12 months prices will continue to creep up and it'll be over my already stretched budget.

Help me please

I'm not in/from the UK, but I would highly suggest you get what you really want, a manual, rather than the automatic that's available now.

You're probably going to be kicking yourself for spending that much money on something you're not truly interested in.

It took many of us months or years to find the right car. I would suggest waiting, and getting your mind and finances in order, so that you can pounce on any perfect to you examples that pass your way. I imagine that even in the UK, great cars are snapped up pretty much immediately, if not sooner.

Good luck! :)

I had the same problem registering on NSXCB. Eventually contacted an admin who was willing to help out.
Go with CStricker's advice, don't buy an auto if you actually really want a manual.
I searched for over 2 years to find one suitable for me. Prices are indeed going up, but the Yen is weak. Perhaps import one from Japan?

Last edited:
Back