• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advanced Automotive Performance Shop Experience

I would like to relay my experience with AAP. They just opened a shop on the corner of Scottsdale Rd and Curry in South Scottsdale. My 92 NSX hadn't been driven for a year, needed a clutch, belts, and a bunch of misc work. I visited AAP at their grand opening on a Friday, toured the shop, and talked to Brandon and Jim Cozzolino, the General Manager.

It has been my experience that there are 2 types of mechanics out there.. the usual kind, and then there are Mechanic's mechanics. The latter are the guys that invest heavily in tools, education, and knowledge. These are the guys that mechanics trust working on their own cars. Breathe it, live it, love it. The former are the guys doing the tune-ups on the Civics at the dealer.

Brandon is one of the latter. This guy has invested more in his toolbox than I plan on investing in my kids education. He has been thru every Acura class there is.

As I was driving the car to the shop, the check engine lite came on. I met Brandon, he walked around the car, then said "Did you get a check engine lite? It smells rich." This guy truly breathes workin on cars.

AAP diagnosed and fixed that problem, along with the clutch, water pump, timing belts, CV boots, and a bunch of minor stuff. They inspected the car inside and out and gave me recommendations on future mods. They had me come to the shop and inspect every tooth on every synchro with them.

Anyway.. These guys are truly great for the following reasons:
1. They called me every day and gave me a status. Asked me to come look at what they had worked on or opened up, and treated me like I actually did know something about cars. Which I do.
2. When they start work on your car, they work on it everyday, all day, until it is done. And done right.
3. They fixed exactly what I requested, and made strong, professional recommendations on what they would fix or upgrade if it was their car.
4. They called a couple of days after it was fixed to ask if there were any problems.
5. They gave me a bunch of freebies that they felt should be done, and discounted all of the parts.
6. They own NSX's and drive them. Hard. Watch the videos in their shop.
6. Excellent shop rates, excellent service, and just overall good, honest guys.

Please support these guys, we need them.

Their address and phone number are:
1126 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 2
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 966-1684
www.advancedautomotiveperformance.com

The correct phone number for AAP is (480) 966-1660. Also forgot to mention they did the gearbox snap ring replacement, which was broken. Luckily, no damage to the gearbox.

Back