Add One More NSX in California! - - Where to smog in Newhall Area?

Ok I picked up my NSX in Billings, Montana, and drove it back to it's new home! 7 States , 4 Days, and 1,344 miles later, and we have one more NSX in Southern California!

So first things first. I need to smog it and have it registered in California.

Where is a good smog place in Newhall (Santa Clarita) area for an NSX???

Damn! Lol. Everyone is buy les/Jc/Ramon/John/mike/Colin. More ppls need to move by me lol. Congrats on the car. YOU WILL Be at supercar Sunday right ;)

I bought the NSX in Montana, drove it through Yellowstone National Park, and drove it through Zion National Park, on it's way to it's new home in Santa Clarita, CA.

Here it is in Zion!

NSX in Zion at Wall.jpg

NSX in Zion.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is in Zion!

Sweet...in June I spent a week up in Bryce, Zion, Snow Canyon and was looking forward to driving my NSX through there on my way to NSXPO...but those plans have been scrapped.

I bought the NSX in Montana, drove it through Yellowstone National Park, and drove it through Zion National Park, on it's way to it's new home in Santa Clarita, CA.

Here it is in Zion!

^Very nice photos! Thank you for posting them. I'm glad it passed smog.

I used to live not far from Santa Clarita, in Acton (for 23 years).

Kyras,

Where do you live now?

BTW - you have far too many toys!

:smile: Yeah, I do have a weakness for blue Hondas. :rolleyes:

I live in Orange County, now, about 100 miles south of my old house in Acton. My ex husband kept the house. I really missed rural Acton for a long time but where I live now has a great bike path (Aliso Creek) that I use along with Santiago Canyon, with a decent bike lane on it. I appreciate having them close by. It's not as hot in the summer either, which I'm happy about. I still love "rural" though and visit my place in Kennedy Meadows four or five times a year, to get my fix for it.

IMG_9045120825KMKMtrailer.jpg

^Was at Kennedy Meadows the past weekend, Aug 25 & 26, 2012.

Hmmmm, so that "house" is basically a cover for an RV??? How cool is that!

Just went by Kennedy Meadows last weekend on my way to a weekend of mountain biking in Mammoth! Had way too much fun!

BTW, I hear you bake some AWESOME brownies!

PS: How did you insert that image? I'd like to follow up with one..............

Love your photos! Were those from Mammoth?

Hmmmm, so that "house" is basically a cover for an RV??? How cool is that!
^It's not a house but just a roof to keep the snow off the 5th wheel. It's at 6,000 ft and gets snow and is below 0F in the winter. There are some pull down stairs to an open attic where the 6 solar-charged batteries sit.

Just went by Kennedy Meadows last weekend on my way to a weekend of mountain biking in Mammoth! Had way too much fun!
^Mammoth is awesome! Kennedy is nothing compared to Mammoth but it's a good place for star gazing and relaxing. We first started going to Kennedy Meadows because you can ride dirt bikes (motorcycles) another 10 miles up, in the forest. Oh, let me throw in another photo...

PKridingKLX5-7-03.jpg

^This is me on my Kawasaki KLX300R in 2003, up in the forest above Kennedy. I still have it and have my motorcycle driver's license.

BTW, I hear you bake some AWESOME brownies!
^Yep, they are pretty tasty. It's just the Ghirardelli mix that Costco sells but I bake them just right and chill them over night, so they are extra chewy. You'll have to try them. Do you like them with or without walnuts? I usually make both.

PS: How did you insert that image? I'd like to follow up with one..............
^I use Photobucket. I upload my photos into albums there (it's free) and then just copy the image number to post it here./

Last edited:
OP, where did you finally end up taking the car to get smogged? I just got my NSX and a little worried about passing because of the Gruppe M supercharger. Thanks

Lol, that's funny because I'm from Billings, Montana and I saw that car for sale around the time you bought it. Actually, I think that seller lives just down the street from me. Since then, there hasn't been any other NSX's for sale here!

I've just purchased one in Orange County, CA in Feb 2013 and am going to bring it up to Billings, Montana to replace what my city has lost! :smile:

How are you liking it so far? Awesome car and beautiful drive!

Back