Acura Support for the NSX???

Hey everyone!:smile: I am new to the site. I recently sold my 2003 350Z which was fitted with mostly NISMO aftermarket parts. If you guys follow 350Z's at all I was also known as "Z Factor" and I am the founder and was the PreZident of the "350Z Club of Florida" www.350zclubofflorida.com :wink:

Anyway enough with the introductions. I have always loved the NSX and I am sad that they have stopped making them. However, I am going to start researching which year I want to buy and then start looking for MY NSX!!!:biggrin:

I have searched around the site (which buy the way is awesome :cool: ) and I have a question. What has everyone heard about Acura's plans to support the NSX going forward??? I plan to go to the local Acrua dealer here in Tampa and ask them if and how they will continue to support the service of this great car but I was wondering what the word is out on the street.:confused: Thanks in advance.:biggrin:

PS I plan to check out NSXPO this year in Florida!!!

First off, WELCOME!

On your question, I would think Acura would support it like any other Honda product, which means that there should be a parts supply for some time, although some parts will disappear sooner than others. Luckily the car is bery well made, so the need for odd parts seems to be low, and I think Acura has a track record for the items that are consumed more often and will maintain inventories accordingly. It is a additional profit source for the dealers and Acura, so I can not see them walking away from the $$$!

The free market/after market should pick up the slack.

The web has made a great repository for "rare" car parts.
Shumdit said:
First off, WELCOME!

On your question, I would think Acura would support it like any other Honda product, which means that there should be a parts supply for some time, although some parts will disappear sooner than others. Luckily the car is bery well made, so the need for odd parts seems to be low, and I think Acura has a track record for the items that are consumed more often and will maintain inventories accordingly. It is a additional profit source for the dealers and Acura, so I can not see them walking away from the $$$!

I think by law manufactures have to keep parts for 7 years after the model is discontinued, so thats what, 2012. I SERIOUSLY doubt you'll have a problem getting any part you need 30 years from now though.

I would not agree on the 30 year thing, at least not in a blanket statement. I can say for certain that in the late 80's I had a 79 civic (which many more of were sold than the NSX, and is slightly less complex than the NSX and parts were already getting hard to come by. Similarly, the CRX from the late 80's-early 90's has some items that are no longer available from what I read somewhere (mostly trim type items). So I think there will be some issues, but not anything major, and I would think the aftermarket would tend to a need if it was a true problem (SOS, Dali, etc.)

Back