Acura Spokesman Mentions NSX During Interview

Martin also said that while Honda is in no position to announce pricing for the upcoming NSX supercar, it will likely be higher than the Nissan GT-R’s, which starts at $97,820 in the U.S. for 2013.

“It’s going to be a technological marvel,” says Martin.

The Acura NSX is set to go into production for the 2015 model year in Marysville, Ohio. It will be the first specialty, hand-built sports car Honda has ever built outside of Japan, using a mid-engine layout and complex hybrid powertrain to power all four wheels.

http://blogs.automotive.com/exclusi...x-pricing-discussed-121509.html#axzz2EsBtEqLP

Interesting but cant you guys ( yes, you too Acura people) keep the poor GTR out of it ?
We know it is a benchmark for just about everything but enough people love to hate it already !

Last edited:
Interesting but cant you guys ( yes, you too Acura people) keep the poor GTR out of it ?
We know it is a benchmark for just about everything but enough people love to hate it already !

What's interesting is this the first time they've mentioned the GTR. Also this is actually a plus for the GTR if its substantially cheaper with similar performance. Still waiting to see why it should be much more.

Well, in defense of Chris Martin, he didn't actually state that the price would be above the GTR. The author of the article, Jacob Brown, mentioned it in his editorial and quoted Chris Martin in other parts of his piece.

I'm ok with the NSX 2.0 being higher in price (if the performance is there).

Acura can demand a premium over GTR pricing presuming:

1) equal or better performance. Should be better if they can user the electric motors properly

2)revolutionary tech

3)reliability - assuming Honda > Nissan. Not that the GTR is bad

4) styling. NSX was/is universally loved. GTR isn't everybody's cup of tea. New NSX still has some room for improvement IMO. I still prefer original but hoping they tweak it more to make it a pure stunner at every angle

5) historic branding. Older skylines weren't sold here whereas NSX known

Of course, they need the product that meets above assumptions to price it much higher.

Acura can demand a premium over GTR pricing presuming:

1) equal or better performance. Should be better if they can user the electric motors properly

2)revolutionary tech

3)reliability - assuming Honda > Nissan. Not that the GTR is bad

4) styling. NSX was/is universally loved. GTR isn't everybody's cup of tea. New NSX still has some room for improvement IMO. I still prefer original but hoping they tweak it more to make it a pure stunner at every angle

5) historic branding. Older skylines weren't sold here whereas NSX known

Of course, they need the product that meets above assumptions to price it much higher.

I'll add 6) rarity.

I know the success of a new vehicle is measured in number of units moved, but I was watching a documentary on the GT-R and apparently they make something like 25 of them a day(!). Lucky them to have such strong demand for a specialty item, but I can't help but think if the GTR is P-car common then seeing one won't be so special anymore.

Of course, Toyota went too far in the other direction with the LFA, selling far under 1000 of them. I live in a reasonably affluent area that loves supercars and I have yet to see one in person...

Hey your right. Thanks for pointing that out. Of course this is how internet rumours get started. Of course the GTR isn't sharing as many parts as the NSX.

Back