Acura of Serramonte

NsXTaCY168

I had my oil change there and the unethical mechanic scratched my car and didn't even tell me. As always, after any oil changes, I conduct a walkaround the entire car before I leave. I saw a small scratch on the driver's side rear quarter panel. I told the manager about this and he denied that they had anything to do with it. I even spoke to his boss, who also denied responsibility.

It's hard for me to prove it. I know 100% that the scratch wasn't there prior to the oil change. My car is always garaged and well taken care of. I can't believe how unethical and immoral these mechanics are these days!

Beware of this dealership, don't take your car there for oil changes/repairs!

Go to Don's

It's 20/20 hindsight, but if you're already in the Daly City area, the place you want to go is Don's Hilltop auto service. The guy is a Wizard of NSXen.

ACURA OF SERRAMONTE

I had the EXACT thing happen at Serramonte Acura.

The problem there is they allow their lot boys to actually change your oil rather than an NSX tech and they DO NOT use the protective Apron. When they leaned against the car, their belt buckles scratched both my side fenders and the driver side door. (he must have reached inside the car using the window:mad:

I would NEVER bring my car back there again. So local NSX'ers beware..

Steven's Crack Acura

My last service was with Steven's Creek Acura, service advisor named Chris Rieger. They have a NSX certified tech there named Dave, he works there from Wednesday to Saturday. My experience with them wasn't so good. I had an oil changed, replaced windshield wiper spray motor, new tires put in, and wheel alignment done. I dropped the car off at 7 am in the morning, and they didn't have my car ready until 5pm! (Their closing time, and I had to call them at 4:15 pm to find out, since I was in SF at that time. I rushed down there, because I don't want them to keep my car overnight.) When I got my car back, they screwed up on my rear tires inward/outward position (They hired Wheel Works to do the mounting) And my wiper spray was not even adjusted!!! When I got home and pop the hood I found out the windshield water cover wasn't secured, and during my drive home from Santa Clara to San Francisco, the water and dirt splashed on the underside of the hood, and I had to use Simple Green to clean the stains off! Terrible work!!! Then I also found out the brake fluid cap was also unsecured! Ouch! I don't think I will ever go back to Steven's Creek again. They claim customer service excellent, I say they are Steven's Crack! They also gave me a free car wash which created more squirl marks! I was pissed. Next time I will give Hilltop a try, I've heard so many good stories about Hilltop, I've called Don Lam a few times regarding servicing my car, and he seems to be a very nice guy. I asked him so many questions and he never seem to get upset, even if I never service my car there. I think he really loves his job as a professional mechanic. I will post info regards to Hilltop in the near future. Hope this helps!

Just don't tell Don you want to use your own oil. I have Castrol Syntec in there now and I said I may want to use the same type of oil. First he said it would be ok, he even suggested buying it at Costco. I called to set up to set up the appointment 3 days later and he said he could not do it.

Really?

Really? Don won't let you use your own oil? I wonder why he'd care. I'm one of those Mobil 1 kind of guys, and the place where I usually get serviced is Los Gatos Acura -- they never have a problem with it.

Take it to Foreign Affair in Santa Clara. I have never had any problems taking the NSX there and the rest of our Acura's/Honda's.

A little more pricey but you won't have to worry about people taking your car out for a joyride.

Talk to Kevin, Allan, or Steve

ChopsJazz said:
I've also had qute a bit of work done at Foreign Affair. But the big stuff is very pricey! :eek:

I had my Timing Belt done, and also my H&R Springs put on there at a reasonable price (Cheaper than the dealer)

Pricey on big items yes but I feel they do the job right if anything is wrong they always will correct it.

I can't believe how unethical and immoral these mechanics are these days!(quote)

I can understand your frustration, but think before spouting off. Do you have proof the tech damaged it? What about another customer parking next to it? Wash kids?

It is terrible that the dealership will not take responsibility for this, but to tar all techs as shade-tree, corrupt buffoons is just plain ignorant.

I didn't take their "free" car wash and I don't have any proof that the tech scratched it. All I can say is that the scratch wasn't there prior to the oil change that morning after I drove the car from my garage to the dealership. There were no cars parked next to my car. I can only infer that the scratch was caused by the tech. But, it's really hard to prove it unless it was a flawless brand new car bought at that time and you actually witnessed it or had it recorded on camera. So, that's why I said they were unethical in the way they conduct business...........they know that the burden of proof would be with the customer.

So, I guess the answer is "no", I don't have any proof. I ended up eating that mistake and learned from it by not doing business with them ever again.

I didn't say that all mechanics are scumbags. Please get your facts straight and stop being so ignorant yourself.

Your exact quote was "I can't believe how unethical and immoral these mechanics are these days." Your words not mine, not ignorance.

I fully agree with you. It should not be up to a customer to be pleading for satisfaction. That is a terrible way for a dealership, or any business for that matter, to act.

Back