Acura of Brookfield

I am considering purchasing an NSX located in Northbrooke, Illinois. I live in Maryland.

I have not seen the car, but I am having the owner take the car to John Vasos of Acura of Brookfield for an inspection. The car has been maintained by Acura of Brookfield. Most of my decision to buy will be based on John Vasos' recommendation. I will of course fly up to take a look before making the final decision.

I have heard good things about this dealership. I have also spoken to John, and he seems very straightforward and very knowledgeable. Just wanted to get some opinions from forum members about the dealership, and how much of an 'unbiased' opinion I will get about the car.

Thanks.

You will not find a better Guy and Dealership that know's the NSX like they do. I would say if it's been serviced there that's a big plus.

John is the Director of Service and Parts at Acura of Brookfield, outside Milwaukee. They are the biggest servicer of NSXs in the Midwest. John himself is hands-on and his integrity is above reproach. Whatever he says about the car, you can bank on it.

That being said, I would NOT ask the owner to drive the car 90 miles each way to Acura of Brookfield for the inspection. You should be able to get an opinion about the car from John over the telephone. If you want an in-person pre-purchase inspection done anyway, then I would ask the owner to take it to Pauly Acura in Highland Park, just a few miles from Northbrook. The service department at Pauly is also very experienced, with two great techs (Chuck and Craig) who both work on a fair amount of NSXs. You will get a competent pre-purchase inspection from Pauly, just as good as getting it from Acura of Brookfield.

Appreciate the responses. Confirms what I have heard.

Regarding the request for inspection, the inspection will most likely coincide with some servicing. So the owner is not just making a trip for the inspection.

John is very knowledgeable and a great guy, he's gone above and beyond for me. I would take his evaluation of the car as gospel.

I agree, very knowledgable and a cool dude :)

RSF944 said:
Regarding the request for inspection, the inspection will most likely coincide with some servicing. So the owner is not just making a trip for the inspection.
Okay, then it makes sense to go there. Thanks for the clarification.

Back