Acura Care Extended Warranty question...

curious if anyone knows what the longest dated warranty is avail? what is the estimated price? I thought longest was 8 years, but my local dealer said longest avail is 5 years...

I plan on calling Tim at RayLaks tomorrow when they open (I only go through them for this type of stuff), but I have the itch to find out asap.

my warranty is ending in a couple of weeks and would like to extend...bummer is my bonus (if i get one at all) is in march, so timing sucks for me haha...

i paid to get my 2005 acura certified so the warranty is now i believe 7 years from the in service date of march of 05 or march of 2012. unfortunatly the dealership i had certify my car is not around, so i can't refer you to them. but check with a couple of local acura dealers to see if they will do this for you and for what price. I also figured having the 05 with an acura certified warranty would be worth something if i decided to sell. (i never know what i'm going to do when it comes to cars). hope this helps

Save your money Jack and take your chances. Put it in a separate account just in case. Even though the cost of repairs could be high, the probability of a costly failure beyond the warranty (on the reliable NSX) is very low. Therefore, the expected value is low. Spend it on an upgrade.

Kim

Greetings

I bought a 4 year extended warranty from Acura this spring on Black Beauty (my 2003 -- sold in May of 2004). The suggested list price was $3900. I emailed a bunch of Acura dealers and bought it for $3100. I would bet you could get it cheaper now with the economy tanking. Email me if you want more details -- would have to look it up. I am too burned out to tonight -- got home last night at midnight and have a little jet lag.

Cheers,
Martin

You're serious?? Youv'e put, what, 300 miles on that car since you owned it?

WHY in the WORLD would you want to extend the warranty?

Just sell it.

You're serious?? Youv'e put, what, 300 miles on that car since you owned it?

WHY in the WORLD would you want to extend the warranty?

Just sell it.

1000 miles...and I do use the car.

Not going to sell it...

Re: 4yrs coverage from today, only...

More info' here: http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merch...Product_Code=AC-NSX-EW-100&Category_Code=WARR

Also, give www.myhondawarranty.com a call. I've recommended them to family & friends in the past, as they often have the best price by far. . .

Called both today, Tim of course was the better deal ;) I love that guy! :)

I will likely order the warranty tomorrow from him...5 years 84k is the longest i can get unfortunately. i wanted 8 years, but that is for 2007 or newer cars...

Called both today, Tim of course was the better deal ;) I love that guy! :)

I will likely order the warranty tomorrow from him...5 years 84k is the longest i can get unfortunately. i wanted 8 years, but that is for 2007 or newer cars...

What exactly do you think is going to happen to the car that you need to drop that much money on an extended warranty for? Just curious :biggrin:

What exactly do you think is going to happen to the car that you need to drop that much money on an extended warranty for? Just curious :biggrin:

lol...good question. This is my concern. Car has 4200 miles on it right now. Break in period was through 3750 miles right? My paranoia is due to lack of use...not sure the parts on this car have been tested. As crazy as it sounds, I would be less concerned with warranty if the car had much more miles on it....

I know, right now I am waffling over calling Ray Laks or not....

lol...good question. This is my concern. Car has 4200 miles on it right now. Break in period was through 3750 miles right? My paranoia is due to lack of use...not sure the parts on this car have been tested. As crazy as it sounds, I would be less concerned with warranty if the car had much more miles on it....

I know, right now I am waffling over calling Ray Laks or not....

Ray Laks is good, but you should also check with "The Kid"!

btw, I just spoke with Acuracare, supposedly this is a "comprehensive" plan vs. a "bumper to bumper" plan we get originally...difference here is the extended plan only covers drivetrain and electrical...it would not for example cover upholstery....

I am just repeating what a representative at Acuracare told me, this could be wrong, but sucks if it's correct...

My paranoia is due to lack of use...

VERY SIMPLE and CHEAP solution to this, my friend............

Start DRIVING the car!!!! Its not appreciating, I assure you :cool:

VERY SIMPLE and CHEAP solution to this, my friend............

Start DRIVING the car!!!! Its not appreciating, I assure you :cool:

If I had more time, I would....enough on the subject please...

If I had more time, I would....enough on the subject please...

I didn't know you were so touchy about it. My apologies............but..........

are really going to tell us that the ONLY reason your car doesn't have more miles is that you simply don't have the time?? :biggrin:

I didn't know you were so touchy about it. My apologies............but..........

are really going to tell us that the ONLY reason your car doesn't have more miles is that you simply don't have the time?? :biggrin:

have you ever heard the saying, "beating a dead horse?"

I am not touchy, but repeating the same comment over and over is counter productive...

have you ever heard the saying, "beating a dead horse?"

I am not touchy, but repeating the same comment over and over is counter productive...

"Beating a dead horse" is an idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile. In British English and Australian English, the phrase is usually expressed as "flogging a dead horse".

The first recorded use of the expression with its modern meaning is by British politician and orator John Bright, referring to the Reform Bill of 1867, which called for more democratic representation in Parliament, and about which Parliament was singularly apathetic. Trying to rouse Parliament from its apathy on the issue, he said in a speech, would be like trying to flog a dead horse to make it pull a load. The Oxford English Dictionary cites the Globe, 1872, as the earliest verifiable use of flogging a dead horse ,

"Beating a dead horse" is an idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile. In British English and Australian English, the phrase is usually expressed as "flogging a dead horse".

The first recorded use of the expression with its modern meaning is by British politician and orator John Bright, referring to the Reform Bill of 1867, which called for more democratic representation in Parliament, and about which Parliament was singularly apathetic. Trying to rouse Parliament from its apathy on the issue, he said in a speech, would be like trying to flog a dead horse to make it pull a load. The Oxford English Dictionary cites the Globe, 1872, as the earliest verifiable use of flogging a dead horse ,

lol ok

Sounds like your use of the term was confirmed. It looks as though some think the horse is not dead yet.

only dead horse is someone telling me I need to drive the car more, multiple times in the same thread, when they do not know the facts of why I dont drive it! sheesh...

anyways, thread can be closed, came to conclusion on the warranty terms, pricing, and what action I will (or wont in this case) take!.

Back