Acura car care products

Here is something I got off of Acura's Website.

"Guarding Against Sun Damage
On your Acura's exterior, UV rays can harm outside paint. Pro Acura Car Care Spray Cleaner & Polish, formulated exclusively for Acura, blocks UV rays and inhibits sun damage. This "detailer in a can" cleans road grime, bugs, grease, and dust without water, leaving a glistening showroom shine. On the inside, UV rays can damage dashboards and seats. Use Pro Acura Car Care Vinyl/Leather Protectant regularly to clean, polish, and protect your vehicle's interior and help guard damage from water spills."

Does anyone use Acura Car Care products? One of the guys at a dealership gave me the kit to try out. Since it was free, I took it but I'm not sure how well it works.

Sounds like that spray is another quick detailer product with mild cleaning agents. Meguiar's Quik Detailer and others are about the same thing.

I don't trust anything waterless that is supposed to be an all in one kind of product.

For leather, Leatherique is some of the best stuff made. Some people swear by Zymol and AutoGlym, but I've used those too on new and old leather interiors and the best rejuvinator was Leatherique by far.

I received the kit free from the dealer so I decided to try it.

I took the NSX to a local car wash that I know is pretty good. Some drops of water entered at the top of the door window. I went home and sprayed the rubber around the door, let it sit and wiped off the excess. I took the car to get it washed again, a week later, and this time no water seeped in.

After cleaning the rubber around the window edges and applying the spray, the rubber is soft to the touch. The spray also applies a UV protectant. Since the spray is also for the paint, maybe the UV protectant will keep the car from fading as quickly.

Over time the rubber around the door is going to dry out and crack. Its cheaper treating the rubber than replacing it.

Back