Actual Carrera GT Testing

Dscn0006.jpg

Is that Georgia as in Atlanta, Georgia on the license plates?
Are those cars somewhere in Georgia?
Where are those photos taken?

Last edited:
Ya know, after getting used to seeing the ENZO in every magazine, this car doesn't look so good to me anymore. Last I heard, Porsche was considering making a pick-up truck.

I think this thing looks amazing. Better than the ENZO IMO. Performance should be incredible.

I think these look great, MUCH better than the enzo too. Even after all the magazine publicity and time to get used to it, the ENZO still looks pretty hideous to me.

MAJOR STONER said:
Last I heard, Porsche was considering making a pick-up truck.
Carrera GT (concept) looked great with the top off, but the roof totally screws up the lines. With the top on, I can't help but think "El Camino" (yeah, bring on the flames :D).

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 501
i bet you cant see anything out of that back window.
is there anything special about that exhaust tip?
they are really ugly with the roof on!

hyuan said:
Reminiscent of an MR2 Spyder IMHO.

I used to have a MR2 spyder before the NSX. Veilside makes a widebody kit of the Spyder that looks amazingly similar to the Carerra GT. There were a couple of them in the new "2 Fast 2 Furious" movie.

0002.jpg

0043.jpg

Who is planning on driving the Carrera GT with the top on anyway?

I agree that the top looks funky, but, with it down, it looks amazing (and WAAAAAAY better than the MR2 Spyder).

Funny thing is that I only like the silver one.

Looks good, im sure in person it will be stunning. Still think the Enzo puts the Carrera to shame.

The Carrera GT will outperform the Enzo. Porsche has always been very conservative with their performance figures. The GT2 has a factory claimed 0 -60 mph time of 4.2 secs. and it consistently hits this mark in 3.8 secs. The factory is aiming at a 3.8 time for the GT. The Enzo will get the GT at top speed only because the GT is drag limited to 205 mph. The Carrera GT is lighter than the Enzo and makes nearly as much power with less displacement and two less cylinders. Oh, and the GT will be substantially cheaper and is a roadster to boot. I cannot wait to see these two go head to head. The Carrera GT is much easier on the eyes as well. Bring back the F40 !!

I am with the MAJOR! I really think that for 450k$ the Porsche should have offered more exotic look. It is... plain... typical... PORSCHE. They are so conservative even in this car category. :(

I used not to like the Enzo but the more I see them (once also live) the more I like his "useful" F1 form.

And I also bet that the Enzo (take into consideration the price, that is twice the Carrera's one) will deliver faster laptimes than the Porsche.

PS: I prefer Tia or Asia Carrera :D

I look at it this way: if you're a porsche-man, you'll love the Carrera GT. If you're a ferrari-man, you'll love the Enzo. If you're an NSX-man, you shouldn't be looking. :D

Personally, i think the Carrera GT looked better in Concept form.

I also like the yellow: wish Bill (MYNSX) would buy one and turn it into a MYCARRERA. Porsche owners would be gob-smacked.

Back