Accords TSXs and other NON NSX CARS

I'm sorry to have to bleat on about the Accord Euro R, but really, I can't imagine another carmaker with the know-how and audacity to build a 4-door family sedan that's reasonably affordable, reliable, understated, and manages a specific output of 110 bhp per liter while revving its heart out to 8,000 rpm.

When will the rest of the world wake up to the fact that Honda are simply on a whole other level where automotive engineering is concerned?

BITeR said:
Does it say anywhere on that Honda site anything about the engine specs. og that ATR?
Is that car even official? I thought it was a concept.

Nope, it's not just a concept car. The Euro R has been out for 3 or 4 years already. The information on the engine is in Japanese, but you can have it translated by copying and pasting the URL for that page to the Babelfish site.

Lazarus said:
Nope, it's not just a concept car. The Euro R has been out for 3 or 4 years already. The information on the engine is in Japanese, but you can have it translated by copying and pasting the URL for that page to the Babelfish site.

That's what I thought. The old Euro ATR used a tuned prelude 2.157ccm, 212 bhp. Which is a nice car. Sort of an ITR, but bigger and not quite as raw.

Hope they make this new concept though.

BITeR said:
That's what I thought. The old Euro ATR used a tuned prelude 2.157ccm, 212 bhp. Which is a nice car. Sort of an ITR, but bigger and not quite as raw.

Hope they make this new concept though.

They're making them already. I came close to buying one the other day for HK$268,000 (HK to US dollar is 7.8 to 1).

This thread has totally derailed. With that in mind I think I'll add insult to injury. So isn't the TSX the current Accord Euro R?

traumte said:
This thread has totally derailed. With that in mind I think I'll add insult to injury. So isn't the TSX the current Accord Euro R?

The TSX is the euro accord as far as I know.

The TSX is basically the European Accord. However, they made some changes to it. For example, the suspension is firmer in the TSX than in the Euro Accord. (I know, you would expect the reverse to be true...)

Sorry guys, but the European market Accord is not the same as the Accord Euro R. And NSXtasy is right, the TSX is not simply a rebadged European market Accord.

I've had enough cars with soul

Very eloquent - I couldn't agree more.

Cars have to do two things before I have any interest in them at all at this point:

1- be absolutely reliable

2 - not leak

My Hondas and Toyota have made cars fun again for me.

BladesNSX said:
LOL

This thread has as many turns as me on a sugar rush::

Here's my question.....What is the new TL (2d) in relation to the Japan counterpart. I love that new sexy Acura.

Blades> The Acura TL is known as the Saber in Japan, but it's been discontinued for the 2004 model year. The replacement is the Inspire, which isn't quite the same as the new TL you'll be seeing in the US.

Yes, you're right.

Hmmm...come to think of it...that Inspire looks a hell of a lot like your US market Accord.

My apologies for continuing to derail this thread, but that new TL sure does look good. If it were rear-wheel-drive, it'd be awesome.

Back