About to take the plunge

OK everybody, here goes. I was considering the purchase of an NSX when the lease on my S2000 ran out. But, I was talking to a friend of mine who happens to be the sales manager of the local Acura dealer and he is getting a red 95 NSX-T with black interior in on a trade. The guy is trading up to a newer NSX. It was purchased from this dealer (I believe the dealer got it from the 2nd owner), and the guy is fairly meticulous. It has 64,000 miles, and has just had the 60K service done. The owner lives near my friend, and it was never hit and has a clean title. Just got a clean carfax on it. They will sell it to me for $36,000. I have met the owner a few times when he was in the dealer over the years as he is somewhat friendly with my friend, so I know he treats his car well. The car looks great, no bodywork, no scratches. I have not inspected it close yet, but will before I enter into a contract. Comments?

If the 60K service included a new timing belt/water pump (due at the 6 year point), thats an excellent price. If not, it drops to just "very good". Check the pricing guide in the FAQ. And if you don't buy it, post the contact info here, I bet other folks would be interested.

I keep a fairly close eye on prices for some various semi-exotics (NSX, 993/996, Viper), and it sure seems like prices have followed the economy/stock market in the downward direction. Big difference from the days of Nasdaq 5000 (its at 1300 now - gulp.. :-(

A nice 'T for $36K from a dealer looks like a sign of the times, and a nice timely grab if you've got the cash. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Originally posted by 9000RPMan:
Yes, as I indicated the owner is meticulous and just had the 60k service done. I specifically asked for that before I decided to buy.

The 60K service does not include the replacement of the timing belt and water pump. The TB/WP are specified for replacement every 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first. They have probably NOT been done, and are now 2 years overdue.

However, that service should cost around $1200 or so. Even if you have to have it done, and end up paying $37,200 for the car, it's still a great deal.

Back