About to join the ranks.

In looking over the car, I noticed that the VIN specific tag was absent from one of the rear quarters. Explanation from dealer, car got keyed and the quarter was re-sprayed. That does not really bother me, &#(# happens. But, it seems to me for the price of a 3 inch piece of masking tape, the tag could have been preserved. Now the car is under warranty until 7/07, and comes with the Acura certified extended warranty. I think I was told that Acura Certification assumes a 150 step inspection process.

The car looks great and drives nice. I told the dealer that I want the car lifted and the rear-end re inspected for any signs of damage. I also insisted on a four wheel alignment to make sure everything is straight and true.

Carfax is clean. Nothing in the prime database on the car.

Should I just accept the fact that it's a used car and enjoy the darn car. Or should I walk?

if you are happy with the price i would buy it and be happy. a weekend alone with it and a nice curvy road should put it firmly in your heart

MoogieBoogie said:
Do NSXs of all years have VIN tags on all panels?

All cars for at least the last 20 years as far as I know have VIN tags on each removable body part. IE. doors, fenders, hatchback, etc. If the tag isn't there or doesn't match, you can bet it's been replaced for some reason.
Asking the dealer why is useless. They will always give you some line about it being a minor reason. Have it checked independently, and if satisfied with the results, go for it. Good luck!

gene said:
Asking the dealer why is useless. They will always give you some line about it being a minor reason. Have it checked independently, and if satisfied with the results, go for it. Good luck!

Amen!

Back