About how much to have car shipped from back east to San Diego?

I paid $1250 a year ago from Missouri so I would guess somewhere from $1500-2500? for a closed container.

depends on whether you want covered versus non-covered

it's easy to get a quote from the companies themselves by calling them.

reputable companies are as follows:

horseless carriage
fedex passport
intercity

those are the 3 main ones that i have never heard a bad story with.

(also, gas prices have gone up from a year ago so it won't be as cheap)

i used fedex passport to ship mine. they were awesome and the car came early.

$1400 Dallas to Boston in an enclosed carrier.

$1700 Los Angeles to NE CT in April '05. Intercity Lines. They were fast & good.

I paid $1900 from Boston to LA covered. TNT. Took a couple of weeks though.

For recommendations, go with the ones I mentioned earlier and call each one of them and get a quote and a time frame. Then you can also call any other places that guys might be recommending for comparisons.

One main criteria not mentioned besides pricing is the time frame for shipping the vehicle. I went with Passport because they could pick up my car within the week whereas the others said it would be 3 weeks before they could even have someone get there. This may not be a problem when shipping from east to west or vice versa but it seemed like shipping from north to south there weren't as many trucks.

Blue Batmobile said:
How much should I expect to pay?

Bat™
I've had 2-3 friends ship cars with less than satsifactory results. I decided to drive/roadtrip a few times and it was a great adventure.

Highly recommend Demoise Trking. Family owned business, using enclosed transport. Lower than all of the other quotes with better customer service to boot. Excellent communication during the entire transaction. PA to CA was $1500 a few months ago.

I've shipped six vehicles with Able Auto Transport, and have no complaints. Its worth calling them to get a quote on the spot, so you can compare with other companies' quotes. Their number is 800-340-0951, and they'll follow up your phone call with an email contract and quote confirmation (which I usually forward to prospective buyers of vehicles I'm selling).

My NSX was the only vehicle I shipped via closed container, and it ran me $1700 from southern Cal to my home by Atlantic City, NJ...truly coast to coast. The car arrived 4 days after it was picked up. The other vehicles I shipped via open container for $450-1000 depending on distance.

Good luck with your search:)

Mark

LeftLane said:
It'd be a lot more fun to fly out and drive your new baby home, I can promise you that.

I vote this option... :smile:

now there was a good drive and story.. :cool:

x

Blue:

Like the other people mentioned, its more about reputation and quality then the price....TRUST ME ON THIS... if they even ding your nsx tiny bit, you could be paying double what you thought you had saved by going cheaper.

Virtually most of the shippers (with exception of a very few) actually contract drivers for delivery, so its essential that you deal with a fair, knowledgeable, and quality person.

I have heard of horrible transportation stories and i had one of mine too with a "so-called" reputable shippping company.

Intercity is great, i have heard nothing but good news from them, and a guy purchased a car from me, and contracted them, and they were very good when they picked up the car. They are on the expensive side though.

I have been dealing with AFT Logistics, and its family owned and the lady is super nice. They have transported 3 of my cars, and they got here in perfect shape. Not to mention, 2 of cars got here in about a day and half, 1200 miles away. Amazing time. Best of all, her rates were much much less than most of the other companies i contacted, and there was no charge for the quick delivery either.....I was amazed by their quality and service.

I am not affiliated with the company, but after shipping 3 cars, for alot less than the competition and getting your car in perfect shape home in a day and half, I have to at least mention them, because i am very thankful.

If you need more information, and you want me to contact them for you, feel free to pm me.

Back