? about 91 nsx

I have a 99 M3 and I am currently looking at a 91 nsx for a possible trade. The car has 40,000 miles on it and I was wondering how high the maintanence is on these cars. I will only be using this car as a weekend car, and I will not be driving it hard or drag racing, just mostly cruising. Will this car give me any huge problems? Oh and how can I find out if this specific car has the famous snap ring problem? Can I find out by the VIN #? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by valdar:
I have a 99 M3 and I am currently looking at a 91 nsx for a possible trade. The car has 40,000 miles on it and I was wondering how high the maintanence is on these cars. I will only be using this car as a weekend car, and I will not be driving it hard or drag racing, just mostly cruising. Will this car give me any huge problems? Oh and how can I find out if this specific car has the famous snap ring problem? Can I find out by the VIN #? Thanks in advance.

You'll find all the answers to your questions in the FAQ. Click on the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of your screen. Check out the sections on Maintenance - Schedule, Maintenance - Costs, Troubleshooting - Transmission / Snap Ring, etc.

Originally posted by valdar:
Can I find out by the VIN #?

No, you can only find out for sure by the transmission number. But while you can't know for sure, you would be unlikely to find a transmission in the snap ring range for a '91 with a VIN less than about MT002500.

Back