a stock '92 to '02 NSX-R

I know it's a kind of easy question, but I still want to know that how different from a '92 original NSX to '02 new NSX-R ...

Let's say if I have $$$ ....... how much will I spend if I want to mod. all the way same as NSX-R ? I totally mean inside & out.

I just read a Japanese car magazine, the 2002 new NSX-R is way expensive than NSX, NSX-T or even NSX S-Zero. This artical is very ironic that said "no one will spend that much $ to buy a Honda car" ... and then I start to be wonder ... an original NSX is already worth almost $90k for brand new, so how much will NSX-R worth ??? If an original NSX is way cheaper than a NSX-R ... :confused:

- 3.2 blueprinted motor
- new cluth
- new 6 speed tranny with 4.23 R&P
- CF hood
- CF rear wing
- 2 front suspension bars
- Thinner AL body panels
- New steering wheel
- New seats
- New carpet
- New bumper
- Light assemblies and HID
- New rear valiance
- New shift knob and boot
- New sway bars, shocks, springs
- New wheels
- New tires
- New brake calipers, rotors, and pads
- Remove AC
- Remove radio
- New center console
- New underbody difusers
- Badges

Starting to sound expensive!? You bet! Sound cool. To me too.

:)

oh yeah ... that's really a lots !!! :D

By the way, the new NSX-R has new engine type with is i-VTEC engine. For previous NSX engine was VTEC. I know it's different type of VTEC system; however, is there any way to mod. it ?

monarch_kiss said:
oh yeah ... that's really a lots !!! :D

By the way, the new NSX-R has new engine type with is i-VTEC engine. For previous NSX engine was VTEC. I know it's different type of VTEC system; however, is there any way to mod. it ?

The NSX-R engine is not i-VTEC.

satan_srv said:
The NSX-R engine is not i-VTEC.

Really ??? damn ... I must made mistake, but the artical really appeared i-VTEC... Maybe it's talking about Integra-R ? Well...since you guys know NSX-R better than I do, I think it must be DOHC VTEC. However, is there any big different from NSX-R engine to our US NSX engine ??? ;)

I may be wrong, but I don't think Honda makes any i-VTEC 6 cylinder motors yet.

monarch_kiss said:
I just read a Japanese car magazine, the 2002 new NSX-R is way expensive than NSX, NSX-T or even NSX S-Zero.
IIRC -- if a base 3.2L coupe was 80-90, the NSX-R was closer to 115-120. The NSX-T was a little more than the coupe, and S/S-Zero were more. Extras for metallic paint, options, custom order plan, etc.

02 model year pricing (JDM dealer) in million Yen:
- NSX: 9.2 - 9.8 (incl NAV)
- NSX-T: 10.2 (10.8 with NAV)
- NSX-S: 10.4 - 11.4
- NSX-R: 12.0 - 12.8

The list is in Japanese, so I'm not familiar with all the options. It looks like:
- ABS is standard on all models
- SRS is standard on coupe, and T, and available on S and R
- TCS is standard on coupe and T, available on S, not available on R
- DVD NAV is available on all except R
- "hatch garnish" only available on R

Last edited:
Back