A special 2005 NSX in Marin.

Hey everybody,
I dont know if this car will be of interest to anybody, but I wanted to tell the board just in case. This car isnt advertised, so I doubt anybody would know about it unless they happened into Marin Acura one day. Since I service my car there (picking her up tomorrow), I saw it when I was dropping off my car the other day.

On the showroom floor, they have a 2005 NSX (Black ext with tan?) with 119 miles! Yes, 119 miles is the correct original mileage and that is not a misprint. I cant recall the interior color exactly because I didnt open the door.

The only problem is that the original sticker is still in the window ($89K), and I have no idea what they are willing to sell the car for. I didnt even ask.

What I can tell you is that the owner of the dealership (or his daughter) has the title, the car is as clean/perfect as they come, and somebody (likely one with lots of money) is going to really LOVE this car.

David Woods is a salesperson at Marin Acura. He has a 1991 with 240,000 miles on it....all driven by him. He LOVES the NSX, and is very knowledgeable. If somebody is looking for a virtually brand new NSX, I would recommend you get to Marin Acura because it is sitting there waiting for the right person.

For the record, I have never bought a car from Marin Acura, but they provide service for my car, and have been extrememly easy to deal with all the way around. Dean, the service manager, has been there for 25 years, and he knows the NSX well. His master technician, Paul, has also been there for years. I recommend their services based on my experiences thus far.

I hope this helps somebody in their search for the perfect NSX.

Cheers,
Ryan

when i was there, i didnt see a 'not for sale' sign, but it may have been there. i spent my time talking shop with david, the sales guy that has an NSX. in our conversation, he said that the car WAS for sale, but for the right price...whatever that means.

i suspect that they want a premium, but who knows.

one thing is for sure...if somebody walks in there with the right amount of cash, they WILL take that car home.

Good luck to all!

Well, I stopped in today to pickup my car, and the NOT FOR SALE sign was in the window of the black NSX. I guess I didnt notice it before...

I stopped to talk with David Woods, who confirmed that the car IS for sale, but you have to be willing to pay the right price. In other words...premium. But worth it, if you want a virtually brand new NSX! It's not like you can go to another dealer and find the same thing...

I agree that most 05 cars were likely sold under sticker in 05. However, we are now getting into 08 model cars and an 05 with 119 miles on it is truly a novelty. I doubt there are many others like it in the world, if any. Keep in mind, 119 miles is a few test drives at the dealership. No real driving has occured in that car, and it may have never been titled.

Again, I have no way of knowing what they will actually sell that car for, but I do know that they will sell it. Somebody with deep pockets needs to roll in and plunk down their black card. :)

Cheers,
Ryan

They may want a premium but the new owner is going to take a big hit the second they drive out the door. I bought mine new last year and I would be surprised if I can get in the low 70s for it now. So the novelty will wear off fast. I am glad I got mine new, but it cost me to do so......Steve

Why do you suspect they want a premium when most 2005's sold for less than sticker?

Because there aren't any left?! If you want a new NSX where are you going to go? When they sold for less than sticker there were some around... word of a new NSX was out and no one new it would be a front engine 2+2.

What I can tell you is that the owner of the dealership (or his daughter) has the title

would this not mean that the owner (or his daughter) has registered this car, thus making whoever buys it from them the 2nd owner, and thus making this NOT a new car...

would this not mean that the owner (or his daughter) has registered this car, thus making whoever buys it from them the 2nd owner, and thus making this NOT a new car...

If that is the case, then it's not so special. There are lots of low mileage cars out there, and eventually someone would put as many miles on this car as one of those. Being the first owner is key to get a premium in my books.

Unless this car ends up in a museum the extremely low miles don't justify any premium because as soon as the new owner drives it home the car is worth no more than any other 2005 with low miles. I saw a used 2005 at a dealer recently and someone would be crazy to pay a huge premium for one. The 2005 is not that much different from the 1991 version of the car.

This is interesting though. There was a 300ZX Turbo for sale in Toronto for 3 years at a Nissan dealership after they stopped prodution. In Canada, dealers cannot charge a premium over MSRP for desireable cars.

So, the dealer principle bought it himself, put it up for sale used and asked a $10,000 premium. He eventually got it.

that's stupid. the warranty is all but gone.

there's probably a couple reasons why it's still sitting there..... (one being the NOT FOR SALE sign.... the other being the lame terms)

i hope that's not how they go about selling all their cars :wink:

Wow!! That would hurt dealers here in the states.
BTW, do you have an exotic dealers there? If so, they are only allowed to charge MSRP and NOTHING!?!?!?:confused:

That's correct. When we had a $0.60 dollar, Americans would come here to buy their Porsches, F-cars etc. Now we go to the states. The only catch is that several exotic cars sticker for less in the states then they do here, and the exchange doesn't always make up for that discrepency.

The Acura dealer here in London Ontario sold more NSXs in 90-91 than any other Canadian dealer. He took over 80 orders for the 91 model, but was only able to deliver 1/2 because a lot of cars were diverted to the US where they could be sold for more $.

Back