A non-owner saying hello

Just saying hello. I've got nsx on my mind and I've been reading the forums for a little while and thought I'd say hi.

The nsx is very appealing to me for all the reasons you guys seem to like it for - it's fast (though not much more than my wrx), reliable, it handles great, it looks great, and it's mid-engined. :-)

I'm not all that excited about the attention it gets, but I guess that's the price you pay for awesome.

I also like the targa top a lot. Hopefully some day I'll be able to justify buying one.

Welcome.... keep watching on Prime, searching the wiki, etc. Learn all you can.

Most of really enjoy our NSX's. I sure don't regret purchasing mine.

There will always be something else out there, that's faster or newer, ect.

But the overall package for performance, style, dependability, even economy is tough to beat IMO. (not that it is an economy car but most get 22 to 24 mph... down to 8 or less if you run constantly at 8,000 RPM :biggrin: )

- Rod

FWIW, if the NSX is already on your mind it probably will remain there. Go ahead and do your due dilligence and begin the search!:smile: It is going to take some time to become an educated buyer and find the car that meets your criteria. I was a lurker for a couple of years while I was in the "dreaming" phase, and when the planets finally aligned I had complete piece of mind when making my purchase. There is such a great group of enthusiasts, vast amount of experience and knowledge here that I don't think I would have realized my dream of ownership without their help. Besides, what if the world really does end Dec. 21st, 2012? Better to have owned and NSX and lost than never owned one at all!:wink: -My .02

There goes your savings.....once you start this journey, I know exactly where you end....owner!

I went to see one for my brother. He dropped out and I ended up buying it. Every penny went into it...I mean it. No regrets!

I think you guys are right... There's no other car out there like the NSX. It just has all the right stuff. :-)

One question going forward here - Even though it hasn't been made for 6 years now, it's still recent enough that I'm guessing parts are pretty available. Will that change 10 years from now? Back in... Hmm, like '98 I guess it was my parents' '88 accord thew a bearing in the transmission (manual) a couple days before I was supposed to drive it back to school for the summer. If that happened to an NSX, how easy would it be to replace the tranny?

Once the seed has been planted. Sooner "than" later your an owner. Be diligent with your search. Don't let some of these guys scare you away. Don't run from an nsx with previous paint work or sketchy maintenance. Or an nsx that needs maintenance or slight paint/body work. The experience of wrenching on an nsx is just as good as buying one. My 2 cents

Back