A nice Matt Farah video

He summed up my feelings exactly calling it "a truly unique experience". When you talk about cars, "better" is in the eye of the beholder. No one at Acura ever said this car was going to mop up the competition at track test days. It's purpose was to be a technical showcase, and it nails that.

It's a shame they botched the launch and the price point out of the gate, and left many pre-order customers stranded. Also, based on my experience with over 10 dealers nationwide, they needed to train their MDX sellers better at how to sell this thing.

BUT.... the crowd saying "it's not as visceral as a Huracan", "it doesn't sound like a 488", "it doesn't look as cool as a McLaren" are missing the point. Huracans are uncomfortable, Ferraris are expensive and few can buy them new anyway because they haven't been anointed by Maranello, and no one really knows the reliability of a 570 because few people put any real miles on them. My point is I can head over to any of those forums and raise legit beefs all day long, but why do that?

It may be very different from the original, but it earns the NSX moniker IMHO.

He summed up my feelings exactly calling it "a truly unique experience". When you talk about cars, "better" is in the eye of the beholder. No one at Acura ever said this car was going to mop up the competition at track test days. It's purpose was to be a technical showcase, and it nails that.

It's a shame they botched the launch and the price point out of the gate, and left many pre-order customers stranded. Also, based on my experience with over 10 dealers nationwide, they needed to train their MDX sellers better at how to sell this thing.

BUT.... the crowd saying "it's not as visceral as a Huracan", "it doesn't sound like a 488", "it doesn't look as cool as a McLaren" are missing the point. Huracans are uncomfortable, Ferraris are expensive and few can buy them new anyway because they haven't been anointed by Maranello, and no one really knows the reliability of a 570 because few people put any real miles on them. My point is I can head over to any of those forums and raise legit beefs all day long, but why do that?

Very well said.

The new car must be driven to appreciate. I would pick this car 4/5 times over anything else as a daily sports/super car. It doesn't feel like 3800lbs of car. Mclaren/Ferrari is on my list of cars to buy but I just can't deal with the potential maintenance issues. Buying the new nsx at this point I didnt even hesitate and I wasn't even looking to buy another car since I've already purchased 2 other cars since may.

I've got to say the only auto journalists I have any respect (the above included) for have all said the same thing about the new NSX.

nailed it

by the way, if any of you care, Matt has driven the old NSX many times.. Namely the link on my signature below.

Back