A new member

Just wanted to share some joy, got a new toy in the box!

I had no plans of picking up an NSX, or any car at this time but came across this one while surfing some ads and I don't know what happened, but suddenly I was stashing her up in a friends garage with a 45k lighter wallet!

Mechanically she's all good but the exterior needs some attention before she is awakened and brought out at the arrival of this years season.

Some info about the car
First NSX outside Japan to be built with the Veilside Fortune kit. It made first page in the #1 street car magazine in Sweden back in 2005 when it was built. Won second prize at the Gatebil show in Norway the same year. Aside from the Veilside kit, Andrew Baccarat rims size xtra large, a K&N air filter and some painted interior details, the car is completely original.

Can't wait to bring her out!

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 279
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 312
" I had no plans of picking up an NSX,"

you didnt pic up an NSX you picked up a Frankinstein car LOL

celica lights, Corvette rear lights,

just messing with ya, lots of people love the Veilside look, and it gets heads to turn looking at it.

nice color to. is there any upgrades engine wise?
or is it stock?

welcome to the club of NSX Heaven.

Welcome to Prime to.

Frankenstein car, that's a funny perspective. I understand that there are two schools when it comes down to the NSX looks. Some prefer the original early 90's look and cast dark spells at those who don't, others see no boundaries (like me). Please don't misunderstand, I love the original NSX looks aswell, but this is way better! (according to my subjective opinion)

I think you could say this isn't an "NSX", but a kit car built on top of an NSX donor car. I really don't care. It's one hell of a nice looking car! Thanks to Olle Olsson for building it, nice work!

Celica lights? Come on, these headlights have as much in common with the celica lights as it has with any other longitudinally shaped lights of any car, like the Gallardo, 458 Italia etc.

Corvette? Or maybe the GTR, Ferrari F50, Ferrari 355, Ferrari 360. The list goes on. It's a nice design for rear lights.

Engine is stock, in a nice condition with almost identical compression values for all cylinders. I've got big plans though but not for this season.

your english is better than Shawns.....have fun with your new car.Someone up your way also just brought home a comptech widebody car from texas.

Wow!! That's beautiful car you have there..

Just wanted to share some joy, got a new toy in the box!

I had no plans of picking up an NSX, or any car at this time but came across this one while surfing some ads and I don't know what happened, but suddenly I was stashing her up in a friends garage with a 45k lighter wallet!

Mechanically she's all good but the exterior needs some attention before she is awakened and brought out at the arrival of this years season.

Some info about the car
First NSX outside Japan to be built with the Veilside Fortune kit. It made first page in the #1 street car magazine in Sweden back in 2005 when it was built. Won second prize at the Gatebil show in Norway the same year. Aside from the Veilside kit, Andrew Baccarat rims size xtra large, a K&N air filter and some painted interior details, the car is completely original.

Can't wait to bring her out!

:eek: You definitely picked up a beauty! Congrats and welcome to Prime :biggrin:

I wasnt bashin his car, I think it looks great. and welcome to the club,

everyone took it the wrong way except the OP typical of Prime.

what kinda upgrades are you thinking about?

wow sick car, too bad these cars rarely turn up in the USA.

I think having a totally stock interior besides the body kit mods is even more of a rarity and makes it more valuable. Too many times owners who do this body kit totally hack up the interior. Having a mint OEM stock interior and just the body mods must make this 1 of 1 :)

The car looks beautiful. That's one perk about a ferrari or a lambo. There's usually no exterior modifications needed after purchase. Imagine if acura did something like that right away. The rear bumper vents need something behind them, that's one thing I would do. Also is that the original color of the car. Or was it repainted red from a different color?

Thank you everyone! Love this forum.

More pictures available here

http://www.sportbilen.se/gallery.php?id=287

Vids here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynD2_Yb_bhY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_J0PQR1yaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0le-tIGkft0

Concerning future upgrades

I haven't even had the time or chance to drive more than a few meters with it, so it is difficult to say what I think is needed. There is a few things though, the tiny brakes behind those large wheels looks bad. And the car is very low, difficult to get past edges, speed bumps etc. Low is good but I would like to be able to drive it on public roads, and it would be nice to be able to drop it to the ground on shows. So initially, this is what I want:

*Big brakes (rear must retain separate e-brake by law, no hydraulics, suggestions?)
*Air-ride system? This is no track-car, it is intended for show and street only. What do you think? Been checking out this system:

http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/air_suspension_detail.asp?product_id=as03

Design-wise

The Veilside kit does it all for the exterior. Almost. I have a few ideas, maybe...

Interior

The stock 90's interior is boring, but has a lot of potential. Throw in some CF, double DIN computer, a couple of gauges, new seats and steering wheel, and wrap it all up in alcantara. Or something like that. Time will tell. It ain't cheap. Will go stock for this season.

Don't know about the color, I'll ask Olle who painted it himself.

Promise I will post updates whenever new candy is available!

Nice!
Does those Veilside headlights have a cover on them?

Most of the Veilside kit I see don't have the clear plastic cover over them but I think it looks way better enclosed with the plastic!

I found out that the color is Formula Red =)

Took her out for a test drive yesterday in Stockholm, she pulls nicely from bottom and the singing from that V6 with the Veilside exhaust is just absolutely amazing!

This is definitely my kind of drug.

Hello and is welcome on NSX Prime, your NSX is splendid, can you give me information on the rear view mirrors? can you say or buy the same ? a long time ago that I seek rear view mirrors like those, I do not find, thank you very much, I wish you much happiness with your beautiful NSX:smile:

Last edited:
Thank you ! :smile: it's unhappy, they beautiful and are well adapted to the NSX:frown:

Back