A funny thing happened on my way home today...

So, I stopped in at my local Acura dealership in this. NA1 NSX 1991 Silver.jpg

I am on a mini-mission to get my local guys some attention from the NSX community. You know, train and support more people (that way we have options on where to take our cars.) So, I stop in to see the local Service Manager and NSX tech. I learned that the Service Manager took another, out of state job. Too bad, he was a good guy. The NSX tech looked busy, so I left him alone. One of the service reps that remembered me offered me a free car wash...which I eagerly accepted.

While waiting, I snapped some photos of this.

Dealer NA2 FP.jpgDealer NA2 RD.jpg

Some of you may remember that I posted a PSA last month stating this car was for sale (at that point, I understood it to be because the dealership called and emailed me offering it up for sale.) They have since decided to just display the car. I looked it over today and saw it had ~4800 miles on the clock. It has some minor dings and paint blemishes, but man is she pretty.

My car was delivered back to me after being hand-washed inside and out. I got a few compliments from the guys cleaning it and the Parts Manager.

It was a good NSX day all around.

It doesn't matter if they hand washed it. I went to a place called Simons car wash In Chicago and they still put swirls in my car I paid 80 bucks for swirls bacisally

I would never let the dealership wash my car.......unless they had a laser wash

Have you seen the paint on my car? ;)

They promised me that they hand-washed it. Should I have watched over to confirm? (Another ;) seems a bit much, but screw it.) ;)
Hand wash and dried with grungy old microfiber = swirl city

It doesn't matter if they hand washed it. I went to a place called Simons car wash In Chicago and they still put swirls in my car I paid 80 bucks for swirls bacisally

Funny sad and true.

I want to buy that, but I'm thinking it'll be 80k+

I KNEW you would be all over this!! Even if they are asking 80K, I think you could find the extra funds outside of your budget for it! Why do I think you already made an inquiry as well?!

I KNEW you would be all over this!! Even if they are asking 80K, I think you could find the extra funds outside of your budget for it! Why do I think you already made an inquiry as well?!

Lol. Negative on that 80k.

I told them that I had found my replacement NSX but thanks for the contact. Then, I (jokingly) told them that if they wanted a quick sale, I had $40K ready to walk in and take it.

I never heard back. ;)

My budget would be 65k for that car. Anything less you can keep. Make it happen! ;)

Back