A few random thoughts of a new owner.

Well, I have had the car for a few days now and put on about 250 miles (200 of those miles were from the drive back from the dealership) and I just had a few random thoughts about the car. First of all, what was Acura smoking when it didn't include a keyless entry on a 89k+ car? No cd player standard on the 03 model? WTF!! I just can't understand it. Anyways, enough negatives as the positives far outweigh them. My last car was a 2006 Lexus IS350. I bought it brand new and drove it for 13 months. I took a huge hit on it financially when I sold it. Why did I sell it? Because it did not move me at all. I hated the way it handled as it was far too floaty. The car did have great pickup as it had 306 horses underneath the hood. Acceleration was fine for me. I just started to to get bored of it within 6 months of ownership. I figured I better get out now before I sink more money into it. Hence, the drive to buy an NSX was on! I had no idea I would have one so soon. I still can't believe I have one sitting in my garage even today!! It's like my own gigantic "Hotwheels" car! Anyways, enough of my senseless rambling. The car just flat out performs. I know that a stock NSX is far from perfect, but it is truly good enough for me (for now:biggrin: ) Once the mod bug hits, God help my pocketbook!! The car just turns heads everywhere it goes (good and bad) and looks stunning. I look at it from every angle and cannot find a bad side to it. It just looks sooooooo incredibly sexy. I am not sure what I set to accomplish in this thread so I am sorry if I bored you. Long live the NSX!!

Your car should have a CD changer in the trunk (I have yet to use mine as of yet so I don't even know if it works). I just can't believe that Honda didn't chunk out the tape deck at some point...

2004 models came with the keyless remote.

Here is a list of mods that are a must have in my book for a new owner:

1. smartantenna (so your telescoping antenna stays down when you play a CD) or get the Shark II (short antenna)
2. remote kit (so you don't have to use the key to lock and unlock your door)

I won't go into any other mods yet because then it will eat up your wallet.....

I am going from driving a Defender 90 to an NSX. I don't think you can get can get more opposite end of the spectrum from that. lol.
I used to have to brush snow off my front seat and scrape the inside of my windshield. :rolleyes:

Smartenna is a good thing or you can just unplug the power antenna like I did and save yourself $60 and a bunch of time. The thing is ugly even with the radio on, so a real smart antenna shouldn't even show its face when it knows its ugly. I still get plenty good reception, but I don't listen to the radio much when driving this car.

TURBO2GO said:
Smartenna is a good thing or you can just unplug the power antenna like I did and save yourself $60 and a bunch of time. The thing is ugly even with the radio on, so a real smart antenna shouldn't even show its face when it knows its ugly. I still get plenty good reception, but I don't listen to the radio much when driving this car.
I did the same thing.

I use my 40GB iPod, so no use for my CD changer or the radio.

Matt_337 said:
(I have yet to use mine as of yet so I don't even know if it works).

Please explain how you can possibly not know how it works.

1. open the trunk
2. open the door to the CD changer
3. pull out the CD magazine
4. put one CD in each tray, following the label up or down as written on the magazine
5. replace magazine
6. close CD changer door
7. close trunk

Press the Band/CD button on the headunit unit it says CD on the display.

Enjoy....

Edit: I also agree it is unbelievable keyless entry wasn't standard on this car (mine doesn't have it). My 1995 Mazda Millenia had it. My son's Honda Element has it. Cars in 1991 all had cassettes - but they started to disappear in the mid-90s (My Millenia had a cassette and CD changer). I supposed Honda just didn't want to spend the money to get Alpine to build another custom unit for a low volume car.

I've never tried it. That's how I don't know.

I don't care to listen to music when I drive. I just enjoy the noises coming from behind my head.

Congrats on finally getting the perfect car that you wanted. Once you get a Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust you'll never turn on the stereo anyway, so it's moot point having a CD player or not. :biggrin: I do agree that it's ridiculous that the keyless entry wasn't standard until the last years of the production. They probably had too many sitting on the shelf and quickly decided that rather than sell them through the dealers, that they may as well install them. Oh well.

Enjoy the car, it looks great. Silverstone/Onyx is one of my favorite combo's.

Thanks Doc! I agree that the car looks ugly with the antenna up. No clue as to why Honda couldn't put the wires in the rear window.

Congrats on your car. I have the smart antenna and an aftermarket alarm in which the doors lock/unlock and I can pop the trunk from the key fob, a must have in my book!

No cd player standard on the 03 model? WTF!! I just can't understand it.

Mercedes just made cd standard and dropped the cassette in 06. changer is around 1000.00 + fibre optic cable, and reprogramming radio to recognize it. that will almost pay for your new exhaust.

It costs like $50 bucks to get an interface from Circuit City and about a half and hour to connect it to the factory stereo. It won't power your IPOD ,but it's the most cost effective way to play your IPOD in the NSX. If you don't want to do that I have the oem CD changer from my 04 that will plug right into the trunk. I took it out....because it's like 8.3 pounds of weight saved..LoL

I installed a shark II antenna for about 6 months now after my stock antenna failed to retrack. It looks great and modern, the only thing is -10% in reception, maybe just where I live (the tri-valley). I'm using an ipod also and don't have a cd changer.

sanglee24 said:
Thanks Doc! I agree that the car looks ugly with the antenna up. No clue as to why Honda couldn't put the wires in the rear window.

The power antenna is redundant. Its for picking up stations that are farther away from you. Even if you unplug the power antenna you will get good(not great) radio reception.

Back