A/C Question

So I am about to buy a 93 NSX but it has one issue. The A/C only blows out of one side (passenger side I think). Is this a common problem? What should I expect to pay to have this issue fixed? Thanks so much! This is an amazing forum!

I assume you mean you only have cold air on one side and not the other.

This is a sign that you are low on freon, the repair is to find the leak, repair it and recharge. So you are looking at $200 to $2000 depending on where the leak is.

I got this problem now too. But, i recharged my freon, a little on the low side. Same problem, what could it be? I mean, it will blow cold out both sides for awhile, then the drivers side center and door air becomes warm air while the pass. side remains cold. If i keep driving, say another 10-15mins. the air will become cold again and so on and so on!!!! Both condensor fans are working and it is full of freon, what do you guys think i should be checking next?

thanks,
jay

I got this problem now too. But, i recharged my freon, a little on the low side. Same problem, what could it be? I mean, it will blow cold out both sides for awhile, then the drivers side center and door air becomes warm air while the pass. side remains cold. If i keep driving, say another 10-15mins. the air will become cold again and so on and so on!!!! Both condensor fans are working and it is full of freon, what do you guys think i should be checking next?

thanks,
jay
That sounds like a vent door problem to me. You should probably trade me your HP wheels for my new HP EVO wheels/tires. That should fix everything:biggrin: J'K, I think you have a vent problem.

Wow thats odd that it is freezing cold on the outside vents only would be a freon issue. It must be very different than american designed cars. This is good to know for future reference.:smile:

Back