• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

99 Comptech Targa For Sale By Dealer

Full factory supercharged Comptech NSX originally sold by Acura of Scottsdale. 410HP, 6 spd, Targa, Comptech lowering springs, Comptech exhaust, JDM Ring and Pinion gears, keyless entry, full leather interior, K40 Radar Detector F&R, 3 piece Equip wheels, 400HP sound system. Fully serviced by authorized Comptech dealers. A true exotic with japanese reliability! Finance and lease options available.

------------------
Contact Exotic Cars Wholesale at (954) 941-4200 or visit us at www.exotics4less.com

It is not factory supercharged. It may have been DEALER supercharged and sold that way when brand new, but no NSXs have superchargers installed at the factory.

JDM R&P for a 6-speed is the same as US Spec. The only different R&P for 6-speeds is the Comptech 4.55 unit.

What is a "400HP sound system"?

Excellent questions and observations...I apologize for posting prior to finishing my morning coffee! The 400HP sound system is actually 400 Watt, the mileage is 15500 as it sits, and I apologize for the 'factory' designation, my intention was to indicate that it had been delivered by the dealer as supercharged new, rather than having had the supercharger installed after purchase...i.e. the car came supercharged on MSO from the dealer. The R&P was explained to me as being the same as JDM specs, however, I just went and took a look at the original build list from Acura Scottsdale, and it is in fact a Comptech differential (I had thought this was a mis-list when I was first told and assumed a simple jdm upgrade, as I had always been under the impression that the jdm final drive was a touch shorter...obviously an inaccurate assumption, but the accurate information is that it is in fact a Comptech unit. Sorry for any confusion.

Some additional information that I had not noticed when I first received the car: the passenger right quarter panel has been painted, however, the panel has not been off the car (obvious tape marks and the bolts are unturned, as well as having just a hair of overspray just beyond the bolt panel in the engine compartment indicate original panel respray) and I cannot find any indication of filler/bondo, so I can only assume this was a minor cosmetic issue and that the car was not hit, or at least not severely enough that it required major repair. Hope this helps!

Just wanted to say that we do appreciate your honesty in your ad. We tend to spot the bad ads for bad cars quick and it usually gets kinda nasty. The people on this forum are very intelligent and we definitely know our NSXs.
smile.gif
As someone who is also in the business, I'll say that if you continue posting honest ads for good cars here that you will find this site very helpful when selling NSXs. Just wanted to say thanks and I'll be coming by soon to look at the car for a friend as my dealership is just up the street on Federal Hwy.

No problem... I am picky!

There is a 4.23 ratio JDM R&P for the 5-speeds which is between the 4.06 stock and 4.55 Comptech. This is probably what you are thinking of.

Good luck with the sale - your price sounds very good considering the upgrades on the car.

Back