98'nsx-t service manuel

Don't know if that is the case in U.S. too but I just learned in a long conversation with Honda Germany that here there is no special service manual for the '98 NSX (I have a cp.). I had to order 5 items (and did get 3 'til now): Two books for the '91 model and 3 additions, including some smaller manuals and a bigger one for the '97 model (engine change). Seems that a mechanic needs all those to have complete information for a '98 car.

NSX-Racer said:
Don't know if that is the case in U.S. too but I just learned in a long conversation with Honda Germany that here there is no special service manual for the '98 NSX (I have a cp.). I had to order 5 items (and did get 3 'til now): Two books for the '91 model and 3 additions, including some smaller manuals and a bigger one for the '97 model (engine change). Seems that a mechanic needs all those to have complete information for a '98 car.
In the United States, they generally issue a complete service manual when a car is all new or significantly changed, and updates in the form of a "supplement" when there are only minor changes.

The 1998 NSX is identical to the 1997 NSX, so if you have a 1998 NSX, you just need to order the "1997 NSX Shop Manual" (part number 61SL006) and that's all you need.

In years in which there are minor changes, such as 2002, they issued a supplement. Thus, if you have a 2002 NSX, you would need two documents for a complete set to work from: the 1997 NSX Shop Manual noted above, and the "2002 Acura NSX Service Manual Supplement" (part number 61SW001).

In addition to the shop/service manual and the owner's manual (of course), there are other manuals for specific purposes - a body repair manual, an electrical troubleshooting manual, and a bunch of manuals designed for professional technicians and their training, such as specific manuals for the navigation system, the A/C system, etc. This may be why, as you note, a mechanic might need more manuals. In fact, you will find more than two dozen items available for the 2002 NSX on the Helm, Inc. website. However, the shop/service manual (with a supplement, where applicable) is sufficient for most do-it-yourselfers to work on their cars.

Back