98 NSX T - Would love your Input

I'm on the hunt! Had a 94 Black NSX Pristine low mileage NSX that I sold a couple of years back. Needless to say I'm back on the forum....once you have one nothing else seems to work....Tried a convertible M3, then a convertible corvette and NOTHING compares (like you all don't already know that!) Since I sold my 94 a couple of years ago for $41k with 13K miles on it, it seems the prices have actually gone up

Ok - here's where I need your help. Want silver as I love the color and it's soooo much easier to maintain then black (I was literally married to my black paint).

Found a 98 Silver NSXT, 40K'ish miles, no accidents, interior looks good, paint is good, couple of small scuffs, chips. Wheels have some curb rash, tires have about 30-40% life left. The current owner is the 3rd. The 1st was a lease, the second owner had it about 5yrs, the last owner (current owner) has had it about 2 months and is selling for financial reasons. He has no service records, doesn't sound like the clutch has been done although he says the clutch feels strong. Carfax is clean (for whatever thats worth)

He is looking for $45k. Here's the breakdown

KBB has excellent - 41K, average - 39k, fair 36k. NADA has high - 45.8k, average - 43.8K, low - 40k.

I know the deal with these cars and the fact you have to pay "market value"....but it's not "pristine" super low mileage with all service records. Since I have been out of the game for a little while, can you give me a feel for the price, any other things I should be looking out for or questions I should be asking? Thank you for your help and I look forward to rejoining the NSX ranks!
Danny

[email protected]

That seems like a fair price from what I've seen. I havent seen many 97+ with under 50,000 miles go for under 44-45k.

Although I just got a 97 with 44k miles, he was the 3rd owner as well. No service records either. Needed a timing belt. I bought it for 41k. The timing belt is costing me around $1500 so basically 42,500 and I consider it a find. I havent seen any cheaper.

NSXmas - agreed, and thank you. I guess what I'm trying to gauge (since I'm a few years removed) is whether based on the conditions I listed (no service records, mileage, etc) if the price seems reasonable to folks that are a bit more current. Based on what I'm seeing on PRIME, autotrader, ebay, etc it's hard to gauge since you see the asking price, not what the car actually sold for. Plus there seems to be a few 99's & 2000's going for close to his price, hence why I'm looking to validate with folks that possibly have made recent similiar purchases.

Thanks for any and all feedback.
Danny

My guess is that it is a fair price.

I know of a new NSX owner who picked up a 98 yellow NSX for more than that, although his NSX is pristine. I would have plucked that NSX for more than $45k as well, if I didn't have my current NSX.

With so few 98's around, it's probably tough to guess the optimal price. A lot of it has to do with seller's motivation, desperation, and your motivation and depseration to find a 98. Good luck.

there all to much for me to afford, but im 17 so i guess thats a good excuse.

if you shop for a 1995,1996 nsx you can get them for thousands less, im not sure there is any diffrence between a 1996 and a 1998 anyway

Last edited:
if you're seriously considering it, i'd def give it a really good look over to pick out anything else that you can find to argue the price (a little, cause it's not a bad price). might wanna get it up in the air too, check everything you can. if i were in your position, i'd set a goal for what price you want, and get it. maybe try for 43, depending on how much you find wrong with it. but, even then 45 isn't bad at all..... i was looking for a 97 and only the ones that were in the 70kmi range were in the low 40s....

Back