98 NSX on ebay

Looking at the black NSX-T in the auction linked above ( JH4NA2160WT000085 ):

The front hood is weirdly misaligned. It is more misaligned towards the back than the front which is unusual. It is also more vertically misaligned (hood edges are higher than quarter panels) than horizontally misaligned which is also unusual.

The rear valance is misaligned or warped to the right of the license plate.

Looks like a scuff on the bottom of the right front nose (the actual painted nose, not just the plastic spoiler).

Drivers seat looks scuffed heavily on the left front vertical edge.

Hard to see much else on a black car in small 640x480 web photos.

Thanks for the input guys...I woudl have not pick up these faults, but after you pointed them out, I can see the mis-alignment of the hood etc.

I email the guys listing the car, asking him some questions, he have not replyed as of yet.

I will keep look at the auction.

Bram

I think the mileage is above average.
Whenever I see comments like this I feel guilty for driving my car. I bought my 98 in June with 27,000 and now I have 37,800 on it. I know I'm having a blast driving it, but I just hate feeling like the car is aging :(

why did you buy it?

jadkar said:
Whenever I see comments like this I feel guilty for driving my car. I bought my 98 in June with 27,000 and now I have 37,800 on it. I know I'm having a blast driving it, but I just hate feeling like the car is aging :(

If you bought it to drive, enjoy it, if you bought it to look at it, encase it in a bubble year round, and look to your heart's content. Even Ferris Bueller knew, these cars (exotics) were meant to be driven (not backwards!) and enjoyed. I'd rather drive it when the weather is nice, and do so as often as I can!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jadkar said:
I think you need to re-adjust your thinking. Here's why.

With the NSX, prices don't vary a whole lot by mileage. Sure, a higher-mileage car tends to be worth less than a similar, lower-mileage car, but relatively large differences in mileage result in relatively small differences in value. (For example, other than an extremely low mileage car, a difference of 50K miles might only affect the market value by perhaps 5-10 percent, all other things being equal. And, even with an NSX, 50K miles is likely to represent far more than 5-10 percent of the car's useful life.)

Once you accept that principle - large differences in mileage associated with small differences in market value - then there are two conclusions you can reach:

1. If you are a prospective buyer, a lower-mileage NSX tends to be a better value than a higher-mileage NSX.

2. If you already own an NSX, you can go drive it - a lot, if you like - without concern for a major hit on the car's market value.

Back