'98 hasn't got enginebay cooling fan, is this correct and why no fan anymore?

Comparing my newly bought '98 NSXwith someone else's '92 NSX, I noticed that the '92 has a enginebay cooling fan and my '98 doesn't.
At close inspection of the possible mounting points, it looks as it never had one, cannot find any signs of one ever beiing mounted in there.
Have seen engine pics of other '98 and a 2000 that seemed not to have the enginebay fan either.
Is this correct, from what year was the enginebay cooling fan discarded, why? (I would think the more cooling the better).
Anyone know?

When I was buying my -97 NSX, I'm wondering same thing.
I ask that thing from Honda and they answer to me.
(At the moment I don't remember reason), but it is normally if that help anymore :wink:

rsevo6 said:
why? (I would think the more cooling the better).
Anyone know?

They removed it because it did nothing to aid the cooling of anything inside the engine bay! It was not even a redundant system...

The enignebay cooling fan only works when the engine temperature goes up very high, such as in a overheating condition.
After 6 years of ownership i saw it run only once, and yes, it was during an overheating situation.

But then it doesn't do much anyway, so they deleted it, prolly also for weight savings.

OK, clear.
Thanks people:smile:

Back