97 GPW at Lambo Houston

I was at Lambo of Houston yesterday and saw the 97 GPW (i test drove it for bluebat a few months ago). Hopefully the issues have been resloved. I heard it might have been sold. Who ended up buying it?

Seen the pics online, looked sweet.:wink:

What issues were those?

Here is an excerpt from an my earlier post regarding this car:
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
saw the 97' NSX a few days back..here are my thoughts/comments:
- actually only has 26xxx miles (at least that's what the odo last read)
- recent inspection
- owned by elderly gentlman
- steering wheel was way off...maybe needs an alignment
- front bumper was repainted recently to repair a 'scratch'....however the entire bumper is more of a cream color..does not match the GPW at all
- spare tire is not secured...no mounting hardware that I saw
- battery appears to have a lot of corrosion
- interior seems dated vs 02+

Hope that helps. The main thing for me was the paint, alignment issue, and missing mounting hardware for the spare tire.

There was a clicking with the ac. I cant remember if the clicking happened when the A/C was turned on full blast or when it was turned low. It very well may have been fixed since I drove it a few months ago.

Call me crazy, but these things shouldn't be deal breakers. An alignment, a re-spray of the front bumper and the mounting kit is less than a couple of hundred dollars from Acura. Seems like a very rare car and looked like a fair price for a very rare NSX:wink:

Here is an excerpt from an my earlier post regarding this car:
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
saw the 97' NSX a few days back..here are my thoughts/comments:
- actually only has 26xxx miles (at least that's what the odo last read)
- recent inspection
- owned by elderly gentlman
- steering wheel was way off...maybe needs an alignment
- front bumper was repainted recently to repair a 'scratch'....however the entire bumper is more of a cream color..does not match the GPW at all
- spare tire is not secured...no mounting hardware that I saw
- battery appears to have a lot of corrosion
- interior seems dated vs 02+

Hope that helps. The main thing for me was the paint, alignment issue, and missing mounting hardware for the spare tire.

Call me crazy, but these things shouldn't be deal breakers. An alignment, a re-spray of the front bumper and the mounting kit is less than a couple of hundred dollars from Acura. Seems like a very rare car and looked like a fair price for a very rare NSX:wink:

agreed.... besides, a 02 conversion up front would fix that problem.. I was close to picking this up, but a family emergency just sort of "happened"..

Back