959 Kit or NSX

Am I the only person on earth trying to decide between these two cars lol?

I have seen some beautiful examples of 959 Kits on 80's Carerra's but have been lusting over owning an NSX and pretty soon I think im gona be in the market for one. The NSX is the better value but sometimes your heart may point you in different direction :smile:

A kit?! if you care about how many people will look at the car, then probably a 959 kit... and you'll have to at some point explain that it's just a kit, and you come off as a poser IMO. If you want a good CAR, then get the NSX. Its just a better car than any 80's Carrera.

Why not buy a 80's Pontiac Fiero with a Ferrari Testorosa body kit. Those were always cool:wink: .

Buy the NSX , or save your money and buy a real 959.

959 Kit?!?

I'm working on a group buy for an F50 kit for the NSX. If anyone is interested, please PM me with your coolness rating from 1-10.:rolleyes:

If I get an avg rating of 9.9 or higher, then I will build the kit and distribute.:wink:

Become the ultimate poser and build a Countach kit on a Fiero. That way no one can blame you for being a putz. :biggrin:

Become the ultimate poser and build a Countach kit on a Fiero. That way no one can blame you for being a putz. :biggrin:

I have seen a Countach replica. It does not look bad at all.

NSXFRIEND: Ask yourself, do I want this car for myself or for other to look at? Once you answer that, the choice is easy.

If you dont mind driving around in an old 911, for crying out loud get an RS America and call it a day.

Maybe the term kit car is deceiving. How bout a stock porsche into a better porsche. I had an SC 3.0 without the emmissions restrictions, it was pretty fun around the track 2500lbs, no leather, racaro's, updated tensioners. $640k for US street legal 959 seems to high considering Carrera GT. 73 Duck is an amazing car still today.

Attachments

• 959.jpg
    959.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 604
No offense, but to me that is in a whole other league styling wise from the NSX, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Hey I'm doing the same as you NSXFRIEND. Porsche 904 kit. It's a kit, but it's a Porsche. If you can't get the real thing, then make one better. However I have the NSX too... daily driver. Great car/ Happy times. Porsche will always be a weekend project car.

Hey I'm doing the same as you NSXFRIEND. Porsche 904 kit. It's a kit, but it's a Porsche. If you can't get the real thing, then make one better. However I have the NSX too... daily driver. Great car/ Happy times. Porsche will always be a weekend project car.

I have decided I only want an NSX, don't have room for both. Butzi 904 was way ahead of Ferrari Dinos and Jaguars whos design was burrowed from the 904 if im not mistaken. Would love to see the finished photos.

I have always liked the work of Intermeccanica (www.intermeccanica.com) on older Porches. It is quality work and going about 30K Canadian. This is an alternative if you really want to have a replica.

There is a company called Wicked Motorsports that always has cars on ebay. They take salvaged titled Porsche 911s and update them and/or give them the Turbo look.

96BlkTTn.jpg

05Wicked11y.jpg

There is a company called Wicked Motorsports that always has cars on ebay. They take salvaged titled Porsche 911s and update them and/or give them the Turbo look.

96BlkTTn.jpg

05Wicked11g.jpg

05Wicked11y.jpg

96BlkTTn.jpg

05Wicked11g.jpg

05Wicked11y.jpg

or my favorite kit car.

calspyder_DRUM_01.jpg

96BlkTTn.jpg

05Wicked11g.jpg

05Wicked11y.jpg

or my favorite kit car.

3007.jpg

TURBO2GO said:
A kit?! if you care about how many people will look at the car, then probably a 959 kit... and you'll have to at some point explain that it's just a kit, and you come off as a poser IMO. If you want a good CAR, then get the NSX. Its just a better car than any 80's Carrera.

I agree. A 959 kit is an interesting choice. I wouldn't do it because no one would really know what it was or how it differed from the 911--and those who would know what it was would probably find it amusing instead of classy--IOW, poseur.

As far as those Wicked kits they're not too bad. I'm so over the standard Porsche look that I think some aftermarket spice does it good.

mike_j said:
Buy the NSX , or save your money and buy a real 959.

It takes a while to save over a million dollars...and I do hope you're kidding. I highly doubt anyone who would ever be in a position to own a 959 and/or would really consider buying a genuine 959 would never, ever even entertain the notion of getting a 959 kit.

No offense to the OP. If the 959 look is your thing go for it. I'm only saying that if a real 959 was potentially within one's reach a 959 kit would not even cross their mind.

Aside from the fact that as I get older and older these fake kit cars seem less and less cool...:frown: Maybe I'm just getting too square but to me it's much cooler to drive a pristine Mustang, Camaro (or whatever car you have and take care of) and drive it with pride than having this goofy dress-up game pretending you and your car are something you're not. Why in the world would you turn an MR2 into a Ferrari if you weren't tring to fool people into seeing something that wasn't there? Just seems lame. BTW: I'm really only talking about the fake kit cars, not body kits like the 959 kit per se.

I probably had a different opinion when I was 17 though. That's exactly why one can't vote or drink yet. :rolleyes:

JMHO

Back