95' Red 12k for 43k. Yes or No???

After going back and forth a few times, the seller might make a deal at $43k for the NSX I was scoping out last week... 95' Red Blk w/ 12k mi. (not 14 as i thought before) 2 owner, clean.

He hasn't done any 30/60 service but has had reg. maintenance done at the local Acura dealer. Is the price ok, even if I have to get the 30/60 done at my expense (btw: about how much is it?)..... I will ofcourse take it to a dealer and get it checked out as well.

Any comments, suggestions, opinions!?!?

Originally posted by NSXSTER:
After going back and forth a few times, the seller might make a deal at $43k for the NSX I was scoping out last week... 95' Red Blk w/ 12k mi. (not 14 as i thought before) 2 owner, clean.

He hasn't done any 30/60 service but has had reg. maintenance done at the local Acura dealer. Is the price ok, even if I have to get the 30/60 done at my expense (btw: about how much is it?)..... I will ofcourse take it to a dealer and get it checked out as well.

Any comments, suggestions, opinions!?!?

sounds like a good deal. the 30/60K mile service should run you another 1200-1500 bucks. just give the guy $40K and have you two meet somewhere at $41,500. Good luck!!!

I didn't need to do the valve adjustment during my 30k svc, which is ~$300, ~4-6 hour job, which will save you about half the cost of a 30k. At 12k miles, you probably don't need the valve adjustment.

I can't comment on sell price, since i was looking at a diff year for myself. But the 30k or 90k svc should definitley be factored in as part of the consideration for sell price IMHO.

good luck,

You can look up the recommended maintenance schedule and typical costs in the FAQ here.

Remember, each of the maintenance intervals has a recommended time interval as well as mileage interval. At this point, all of the service in the maintenance for 90K miles or 6 years is overdue - including the replacement of the timing belt and water pump, as well as fluids, valve adjustment, etc.

just call the dealer you will have it serviced at and ask em how much for what you want done. the dealer closest to my house said 2300 for timing belt, water pump, and 60k with valve adjustment. nsx modified lists the prices of their services on their web site, but they aren't local to you or me. i have been wondering what happened to your offer and was gonna mail you to find out. good luck.

Originally posted by akydakyx:
just call the dealer you will have it serviced at and ask em how much for what you want done.
Sounds like it's gonna need the preventive maintenance and i don't want to shell out another 1.5 - 2k for the service right after buying it. I'll offer him 41500 and let u know what he says.

[This message has been edited by NSXSTER (edited 29 September 2002).]

[This message has been edited by NSXSTER (edited 29 September 2002).]

Personally I wouldn't base your decision on whether or not the 30/60 servicde has been done, and let that be the deciding factor.

The single largest criteria would be the overall condition of the car itself. If the car is a gem and a "no stories" 12,000 mile NSX that is seven years old, that in itself is an unusual find.

Does it have all paperwork? Full history of the two owners? At 12,000 miles, look more like a car that is a mere two years old (or less). Never been in an accident? Still have the original paint? Is the original paint still very nice? Does it drive like a 12,000 mile car?

If the answer is yes to most of these, you should simply give very good consideration to its purchase. If the answer is yes to all of these questions I certainly feel you are looking at a "much better than average" used NSX.

It is probably at least a pretty good value at the price being offered. The condition and the validity of the low mileage might make it a very good value - but only you have the access to determine that.

If all the above checks out, someone might be getting a good deal - and you are at the head of the line.

Good luck in your decision.

YES.
I am curious: What is the interior color?
Also if the car is in CA, I will definitely buy this car at that price. For $41.5 k I will fly there and buy it today
tongue.gif
(Considering shipping & transportation cost ~ $1-1.5k)

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 9k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 4k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 95k miles and running strong :)

You do not need to do valves at 14k miles. Valve gap, while on the time/miles maintenance schedule, is NOT affected by time, only by use. Fluids and belts are affected by time as well as use.

The car sounds like a very good deal if it is clean. If it is what you want and it checks out, I would jump on it. WA-NSX's advice is good.

Originally posted by insx:
YES.
I am curious: What is the interior color?
Also if the car is in CA, I will definitely buy this car at that price. For $41.5 k I will fly there and buy it today
tongue.gif
(Considering shipping & transportation cost ~ $1-1.5k)

The interior is black, and the car is in excellent shape. Paint appears to be original, all panel gaps are perfect and none of the joints seem to be taken apart. Except 1 or 2 hairline scratches on the lower part of the body there are no flaws. Even the wheels are smokin' new.

I think I'm gonna call the seller tomorrow and make the deal!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by NSXSTER (edited 02 October 2002).]

Back