'95 NSX-T Price Opinion

Hi NSXers,

I just checked out this very clean '95 Formula Red NSX with 54k miles on the clock and the owner is asking for $40k for it. It has very nice custom exhaust sound and K&N Air Filter and all other parts are bone stock. All the major works on the car had done recently at acura dealer such as T-belts, water pump, valve adjustment and other accessories belts including fuel filter and sparg plugs. What do you guys think about this price?:confused:

I'm looking one for my dad.:biggrin:

Thanks for advance guys!

It's a reasonable asking price. However the car should trade somewhere around $35K. As a point of reference, my friend bought another Prime member's '96 with mileage in the high 30K range but needing a timing belt service for about $38K a year ago. The car was in pristine condition.

Hugh said:
How recently has that thing been updated?

Yeah, that seems old to me. This site isn't updated regularly, but then again I don't really care cuz its the info from the other members I'm most interested in.

Hugh said:
How recently has that thing been updated?

My guess since the homepage still has the crap on it from October 2004 is that the FAQ price guide hasn't been updated since 2003. This place is starting to look like Liberty City. :eek:

I think mid to upper $30's is reasonable. The thing you have to remember is how much crap is out there in the market. A solid car in good shape isn't as easy to find as you might think. Go take a look at the production numbers and then you'll realize why these babies aren't around every corner like a Boxster.

$40k is a little much, I would bargain him down a bit. But it does make me feel good that he asking that much since I have a 95 in great shape!!:biggrin:

nsxpurextc said:
Hi NSXers,

I just checked out this very clean '95 Formula Red NSX with 54k miles on the clock and the owner is asking for $40k for it. It has very nice custom exhaust sound and K&N Air Filter and all other parts are bone stock. All the major works on the car had done recently at acura dealer such as T-belts, water pump, valve adjustment and other accessories belts including fuel filter and sparg plugs. What do you guys think about this price?:confused:

I'm looking one for my dad.:biggrin:

Thanks for advance guys!

$40k is way too much!!!

I don't think it's a bad price.

Example:
1996 red with 58k miles
WW kit
18/19 wheels/ tires plus originals
carbon dash
TB/WP recently replaced
Excellent condition

40k last November

pretty good deal I think

liftcontrol said:
If all the required maintenance has been done, if the a/c works well, if the timing belt and water pump were changed, if the brakes and clutch need nothing......$40k is reasonable.
The mileage of 54k is not high for a well maintained NSX engine.:smile:

100K is not high mileage for a 11 year old NSX. Well under the nation average, and we all know the NSX gets better the more it is driven.

I personally don't think a really low mileage NSX is worth much more than a higher mileage car. (within reason).

Sold my 1995 Formula Red NSX-T summer of 2004 with 54k miles on it for $34k - stock except for wheels, plus some accessories.

Buyer resold it about 18 months later with around 60k miles for closer to $31k.

That buyer added body kit and some maintenance and just sold it for close to $37k.

It all depends on how patient you and the seller are. $40k seems high to me by about $5k. That's based on real world experience and not the pricing FAQ.

I bought my 95 last october. 63,000 miles, good condition, some maint records (but needed a valve adjustment, spark plugs, air filter, new wheels, Taitec GTLW :smile:) for $30,500. The hood and right fender has a small ding, but I figured they would get replaced anyway so I didn't care.

Shumdit said:
What should it be then?
Mid 30K. The problem is, if the car is demanding around 40k, little more you can get a lower mileage NA2. People can demand all the money they want, if the car don't sell, the seller will lower the price.

Back