• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

95 Midnight Pearl/Tan 39K miles VIN#JH4NA1182ST000398

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car was sold new in Denver, CO and was locally owned there until I purchased it in Jan. ‘05. Always serviced by Acura and I have service records on the car since new, including the original pre-delivery inspection documents. I spent a long time looking for a low mileage Midnight Pearl and for those that have actually seen this color in person, it is beautiful (and very hard get a digital picture to do this color justice). As most know, this is one of the rarest colors that Acura used on the NSX and was only available during 1995-96. Our family is expanding again and it’s time I move on to something with a back seat. This is truly an exceptional car and would be classified as an A/B car in the pricing guidelines and criteria. The price is $38.5K. Clean Carfax report. Here is a link to the owner’s gallery where you can find exterior, interior, engine, and tire pictures:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6959

Details:
Factory 6-disc CD changer
Chrome seven-spoke 16/17 blade rims with nearly new Goodyear GS-D3 tires
New Dali chrome billet wheel caps with “A” Acura custom emblems
NSX car cover
Comptech headers
Comptech stainless steel exhaust
Comptech cold air intake
RM Racing springs which lower the car 1 & 1/2” and provides a much more aggressive look / stance (no tire rub issues)
Custom black floor mats with purple “NSX” logo (also have original tan mats)
3-M clear bra on front bumper
Paint is exceptional but it is not showroom new
Interior is also in exceptional shape, including seats / bolsters (see pictures)

Service History under my ownership:
Pre-purchase Inspection at Mile High Acura in Denver at 29K (1/05)
Timing belt, water pump, and all drive belts replaced, synthetic oil change at 30K (3/05)
Mobil 1 synthetic oil change at 33K (7/05)
All four brake rotors turned, brake fluid flushed and new Motul high heat brake fluid installed, air filter re-charge, Mobil 1 synthetic oil change, and general inspection performed at 37K (10/05)
EPS Power steering control unit (very common issue for mid to late 90’s NSXs) replaced at 38K (11/05)

I can refer potential buyers to the NSX technician at the local Acura dealership for any additional validation or inspections necessary. I can also provide references of several NSXCA and NSXPRIME members locally and regionally in Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas that can independently vouch for the car's condition. Please contact me with any questions or if you would like additional information.

Tory Baker
918-878-6830 (office from 8AM-6PM CST)
918-496-8529 (home 7-10PM CST weekdays; weekends)

Last edited:
Tory,

Could you provide an assessment of the clutch? I was also wondering if you had the stock springs to raise the car. I'm concerned about possible front-end damage during transport. I'd love to give your car a home in Hawaii.

With aloha,
Mike

mikeoku said:
Tory,

Could you provide an assessment of the clutch? I was also wondering if you had the stock springs to raise the car. I'm concerned about possible front-end damage during transport. I'd love to give your car a home in Hawaii.

With aloha,
Mike

Mike,
The clutch is perfect. As to the stock springs, I unfortunately do not have the original springs but I'm sure they can be found here on Prime for a nominal amount.

As I stated in my original post, I do have service records on the car. This might be helpful:
Pre-delivery inspection performed at Courtest Acura in Denver 5/2/95 (23 miles)
Oil Change, new chin spoiler (that didn't take long!), and new tires at Flat Irons Acura in Boulder, CO on 6/26/96 at 5,089 miles
7,500 mile minor service (oil change) at Flatirons Acura on 11/26/96 at 9,548 miles
4 Wheel Alignment at Courtest Acura in Denver on 7/2/97 at 13,057 miles
RM Racing Springs purchased on 8/17/97
Wheel chroming at Wheel Creations Plus 3/24/99

There are other records (tires, emmissions inspections, etc. ) but I discovered first-hand that Acura's service database is not dynamically linked. Therefore, I called every Acura dealer in Denver / Boulder to discuss this car. I scribbled the info on a piece of paper and didn't detail out everything but I know that at Courtest Acura the car was in on 7/14/99 at 20,250 miles and on 9/22/99 at 22,076 miles. Flat Irons Acura had records of the car being in for new brakes all around and a four wheel alignment in Jan 02 at 25,383 miles and a new battery on May 2003. I purchased the car from the family of the female that owned this car; she passed away in September 2003. I understood that the previous female owner did not drive the car much at all so that explains the low amount of miles. The carfax report outlines the DMV reported mileage each year:
07/13/95 - 2,409 miles
10/30/95 - 3,458 miles
05/07/96 - 3,938 miles
07/27/97 - 14,174 miles
01/08/02 - 25,257 miles
05/02/03 - 26,416 miles
03/19/04 - 27,485 miles

I just thought this might be helpful. Feel free to contact me if I can provide any addional information.

Sale Pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back