95 black nsx in willow hill PA JH4NA1180ST000531

I spoke with the owner of this car which was advertised on Craigslist for $27,500. I thought it was a great find since the most recent owner had it for 3 years and only put 3K miles on it while dumping $8K in maintenance improvements. The owner said he was a "car collector" and this car was part of his collection. Everything was "PERFECT" on the car in his own words. When I went to PA to inspect the car I was directed to a garage out in the woods "echoes of deliverance" and found the car in the middle of a garage with other cars in various stages of restoration. "Perfect" on this car included a worn driver's seat bolster ( which i specifically asked him about ), a missing spare tire ( and I told him I was planning on driving the car xcountry ) AND obvious orange peel in the paint on the roof ( which he claimed to have never seen before ). I stopped at 3 strikes and didn't even ask for a test drive. The front end of the car looks like a meteor strike.........but what do I know since after all it was "perfect".

Peoples interpretation of "perfect" is always interesting. These idiots think that as long as its an NSX its worth top dollar - WRONG! We pay top dollar for mint cars only. That's the only reason somebody should get 30 g's for a 15 yr old car.

I had a pleasant opposite experience. I fly 1000 miles to see a car that was described as "Good", but was in fact was the most perfect NSX I had ever seen. The seller was just a perfectionist! Sorry about that experience and good luck with the next one.

Sorry to hear this but as said you'll find a good one. It's always a mystery when you stumble on one like this one - I can only wonder where the evidence is for the "8k" in maintenance - what a total misrepresentation. Too bad you can't get him cited but this is the reason I don't trust Craig's list and they are almost impossible to contact. Stupid and it's actually a good idea for selling stuff - it's sellers like this guy that give CL a bad name. Too bad but stay patient - and quit thinking you're going to find a "perfect" example for 27k. Not happning. I can talk with an owner and look at photos and know in about 3 min.s into the conversation if the guy is full of Sh_t or not. You have to develop a sixth sense on that but you may have just fallen in the old preverbial hole on this one. Not the first I bet and may not be the last - but hopefully you'll find a good one soon!

Good luck and thanks for passing on the info!

I did purchase this car and wanted to update the forum on cosmetic and mechanical condition. I took Al's review from the original post with me when i drove down to see it, had anything appeared unusual i wouldn't have bought it. The car did it checked out thankfully (maintenance records, ownership etc). When i picked it up in Maryland in April and carefully inspected and drove it for about an hour through the city and highway, everything was nice/tight and drove like a dream :smile: better than my 91 i must say. I didn't see any orange peel like Al mentioned in the original post, nor did i see any rock chips on the front bumper(rock chips are common on these cars so if there were any i'm sure it was taken care of because the front bumper appeared to have received a fresh quality respray). Brett, the previous owner, is a very well off older gentleman, and i did see his other cars which put my mind at ease about purchasing the car. He did tell me he also had other cars at a facility in PA( which is where Al had gone to see the car in January i assume). The driver side bolster did have some wear as most do but didn't look unsightly again based on my 91 and other NSXs i've seen. The car also did have the spare tire when i picked it up. All in All, a great buy for me at the time; i've done a few modifications to her and loving it. I'm however considering selling due to some family needs but may just end up storing it... not sure if i want to be looking for another NSX again in a year or two.:redface: doesn't look like i'll be making it to NSXPO if i still have it- will be travelling possibly
Cheers.

Some current pictures

Last edited:
cuz Autocheck is a joke. LOL

carfax is a joke.

if you ask your insurance company to not report an accident they will do as you ask. did you guys know that?

cuz Autocheck is a joke. LOL

carfax is a joke.

if you ask your insurance company to not report an accident they will do as you ask. did you guys know that?

Did not know that Shawn, once again bro you come thru with good info dude! Say why is Popsicle selling anyway - he just bought the car? Whas up?

i'm torn between keeping and selling. A business opportunity came up(and is still on the table) that i want to capitalize on so i was considering selling to free up extra funds. I will still sell if i get a good offer but autocheck i believe has a misleading rating for the car. I don't believe there was an illegitimate odometer rollback as the check shows. So that scared buyers. I said, whomever sees the car in person will buy it for sure and i stand by that.

Hey Popsicle didnt you sign the code of ethics when first coming to prime? it specifically states "cars can't be sold and must be enjoyed and driven for life for constant smiles from cheek to cheek:biggrin:

Just remember if you sell it- you'll have to buy another one! All the owners really never get the NSX out of their system. You are hooked for life cause there is not other sports car that offers what the NSX does for the price and maintenance it can't be beat! It is THE car of the century for those that are a little shall we say economically minded.

Now I don't mean to diminsh the car in any way by that statement - cause it is an absolutely fantastic car in it own right - STOCK! It's a beautifully engineered car and the only one better is a Zanardi or R - that's it.

Porsches and others make great autos - but they can't hold a candle to the drivability of the NSX - worry free driving - there isn't another car out there that can make that claim - NONE!

I will be back after I sell my current car - I can assure you of that!

I may own others but I will be back in an NSX someday! Just something to help you put this in perspective!:wink:

i'm sure. that's why i'm seriously reconsidering. This is my second Nsx. sold my first NA1 in 07. i know if i sell this one i will be back for sure so i may just save myself the trouble. it will be good to free up the cash though to help further the business but if i come up with other alternatives the NSX stays for sure. I owned other sports cars in the 4 years after i sold my first NSX and i tell you, NONE OF THEM FELT AS REWARDING AS DRIVING THE NSX. none at all, so i definitely hear ya.

Back