94 NSX with 11,000 miles only $26.8K, too good to be truth?

Don't know. You have to see it and have it inspected. He mentions something about being in NY. If you want to find out if it is in NY, and let me know I may be able to look at it.

HTH,
LarryB

If it is real, I'm sure there's a story. I might be mistaken, but I'm 99% sure that person could get more than that from a wholesaler if the car is clean.

[Update]
Actually, I just clicked the link and there's a clear "story" in the actual ad.

1) He admits the car was a crash repair
2) He claims 12k miles in the actual text and 11k miles in the ad heading
3) He claims a $26k price in the actual text and $26,800 in the ad heading
4) He claims a "firm" price, then agrees to subtract shipping costs from the price (which could easily be $1000+)
5) "It never gave me any problems" is the extent of his confidence in the mechanical condition (rather than "always serviced by XYZ dealer")

I'd assume that the car has no documented history, has had minimal maintenance, and probably was shoddily repaired after a front end crash. A second owner fire-saling a car that is an admitted accident repair is reason for caution.

My advice: run away

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 17 March 2003).]

Gee, this ad changes hourly, it seems. Click on the link and you never know what you'll find...
biggrin.gif

damn....this is the forth classified ads I saw in Yahoo which saying that the car is in Daly City, CA, when I ask for VIN, they all tell me that either the car or the owner are in different state now. and they never provide the VIN for me (I am talking about the previous three ads). One of them even ask me to send him a $5000 check deposit and he will send me the title. When I ask for checking out the car first, he never reply me.
There must be something going on at the internet classified ads...we all should be careful...
wink.gif

Back