'93 w/100k for $90K...huh?

...but hard to believe someone would pay this much.

Well it does come w/ a CT cf intake and has "no extra noises". That's all I needed to hop right in there and bid it up some more.

haha

<table class="ebay" align="center" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Fuel Type: [/FONT]</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="49%">Hybrid-Electric

</td></tr></tbody></table>
haha

Haha click on Bid History. It's legit while bids are in $20s and then suddenly Bidder 4 drops a $50k bomb, then a little more. Another $70k bomb by bidder 4. Then batter # 6 steps up to the plate and crushes it into the $90k range. Very impressive!!

If I'm correct on Ebay motor pricing (pay by % of final price) - then too bad the seller will just end up eating a [ ]% fee on a $90,000 fake transaction! Idiot.

Well it does come w/ a CT cf intake and has "no extra noises". That's all I needed to hop right in there and bid it up some more.

LOL!

Since it's missing the front spoiler, I wonder if that'll take the car over the 100k mark.

Hmph, I smell shill bidding...

If I'm correct on Ebay motor pricing (pay by % of final price) - then too bad the seller will just end up eating a [ ]% fee on a $90,000 fake transaction! Idiot.

Actually, Ebay fees for vehicles are $40 to list the vehicle, and another $50 when and if it sells.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

The car is currently near $110,000, what a great profit the seller is making!

Will someone with an Ebay account please flag the listing? (pretty please)

They HAVE ALREADY...that is why the bid is up to $150K. The auction has been spoiled by some bogus bids, much faster and easier than dealing with ebay.

And I don't know what is up with this Bidder "X" thing, now you can't even warn people of scams.

AND it is impossible to see if Bidder X is a legitimate bidder by looking at their specific history for what kinds of items they buy/sell.

Heck, we should all join in the game and create some fake accounts to bid on such fraud listings....makes our cars more valuable too: see just look at the ebay sales reports!

Drew

This auction requires credit card or identity "verification" for bids over 15k. A lot of effort is being put into this by shill bidders.

I am waiting to speak to ebay on live chat.

The item # didn't work for me either when I tried to contact ebay via email.

That is my old car and it has suffered frame damage and has apparently been repaired. Whoever is listing the car now is not disclosing the damage and likely does not even own the car.

As mentioned above, the last ebay auction for the car was out of California. Otto_joe has apparently met the current owner.

LOL This looks like a game and they are paying with monopoly money.....:smile:

US $170,100.01 - that's the price right now with 10 minutes left!! :eek:

i think someone just wanna mess around with the seller..

The first bid. What a bizarre scam auction tactic.

I wonder why the ad is still up on ebay? I gave them all of the information about the car.

What a bizarre scam auction tactic.

They might have been exploiting bid retraction loophole in ebay:

Goes something like this:
1. Item is listed for $1
2. Bidder1 places maximum bid for $2
3. Bidder2 places [insane] bid of $300,000 [or whatever]
4. Nobody ELSE bids on auction because they don't want to pay $300K
5. At last moment, Bidder2 cancels bid
6. Item is sold to Bidder1 for $2.

Now, this one seems a little better because they have several accounts bidding, so you can't tell the auction is being scammed. And nobody can tell which is a legitimate bidder. All fake bids are retracted and allows the minimum bid to win.

In this case, the bidders AND the auction are all fraudulent. Which, I think, means that everybody gives each other great feedback and go look for real victims.

Ebay encourages this behavior by hiding the identities of the bidders. Ebay is turning into a friggin hive of scum and villainy.

I wonder why the ad is still up on ebay? I gave them all of the information about the car.

Oh, well Ebay gets paid $50 even if nothing changes hands or the auction is fraudulent.

Really, how do you "investigate" such an auction? They can't verify over the phone/email if you really do/not have the item in question.

Also, some legitimate auctions are probably cancelled and they get a lot of heat on those. So they are probably very leery of cancelling auctions, especially when you have "the competition" (other people selling NSX's) could notify ebay constantly of other fraudulent auctions to reduce the field.

You gotta remember 10 years ago people predicted that ebay would never make it because it can be gamed so easily and it is IMPOSSIBLE to verify anything.

They might have been exploiting bid retraction loophole in ebay:

Goes something like this:
1. Item is listed for $1
2. Bidder1 places maximum bid for $2
3. Bidder2 places [insane] bid of $300,000 [or whatever]
4. Nobody ELSE bids on auction because they don't want to pay $300K
5. At last moment, Bidder2 cancels bid
6. Item is sold to Bidder1 for $2.

Now, this one seems a little better because they have several accounts bidding, so you can't tell the auction is being scammed. And nobody can tell which is a legitimate bidder. All fake bids are retracted and allows the minimum bid to win.

In this case, the bidders AND the auction are all fraudulent. Which, I think, means that everybody gives each other great feedback and go look for real victims.

Ebay encourages this behavior by hiding the identities of the bidders. Ebay is turning into a friggin hive of scum and villainy.

I understand the cancellation tactic, but it seems bizarre to use that tactic if the listing itself is fraudulent.

Oh, well Ebay gets paid $50 even if nothing changes hands or the auction is fraudulent.

Really, how do you "investigate" such an auction? They can't verify over the phone/email if you really do/not have the item in question.

Also, some legitimate auctions are probably cancelled and they get a lot of heat on those. So they are probably very leery of cancelling auctions, especially when you have "the competition" (other people selling NSX's) could notify ebay constantly of other fraudulent auctions to reduce the field.

You gotta remember 10 years ago people predicted that ebay would never make it because it can be gamed so easily and it is IMPOSSIBLE to verify anything.

I provided ebay with links to the original buyer beware thread on this forum, the the prior ebay listing of the car, with the damage disclosure and photos, as well as my old nsxprime marketplace ad with the damage disclosure and photos. If they had asked, I could have provided documents to establish my prior ownership and the damage.

Ebay should be leery of NSX auction fraud. It is rampant. Usually the listings are stolen pictures and descriptions from various places, often recent ebay ads.

Back