93 Red NSX w/ 6spds + 97 Brake value?

Value of 93 Red NSX w/ 6spds + 97 Brake?

Hi all,

i am seriously considering to put my 93 Red/Blk (Garage Queen) w/ 36,500 miles on the market.

everything stock

UPGRADES:

6 spds OEM tranny with Comptech GP2 clutch (new)
W/ Comptech Reverse lockout
97 OEM Front and Rear brake w/ rotors
Stainless Braided Brakelines
Red roof
16/17 solaris Silver OEM RIMS w/ Yoko OEM Tires (less than 1.5k miles)
Complete WW kits (5pcs) w/ sidebraket to prevent sagging
2002 Trunk lid
M3 Spoil lid
OEM exhaust with dual tips
HID 6000k Kit (professionally installed)
OEM 6 CD changer (w/ NSX logo)
Complete 94 Tan interiors (seats and all panels)

-need to know-
3-4 very minor dings on the sides.
Missing tool tray & spare tire (no longer fits)
shrunk top windshield molding (lazy to fix)

Picture see (IMHO, it is pretty sharp):

http://www.pbase.com/99v6coupe/endless_ex

&

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7936

NO accident, no repaint
how much would this worth? realistic fair market price...? thanks

-jjc
San Jose, CA

Last edited:
I don't have an NSX, but I really like them. :cool: I also like just finding info over the internet. :D Here are some general "guidance" links. Of course, the extras are not included, which depending on the buyer might either increase or decrease the value of the car.

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ur?kbb.CA;129453;CA085&94086;+p&722;Acura;1993 NSX&12;AC;C1&&&

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1993/ac...tid=edmunds.u.options.utmv.vdpoption.1.Acura*

http://www.autotrader.com/hornav/trader/index.jtmpl?ac_afflt=none

Good luck!!!

03Accord6SP said:
Here are some general "guidance" links.
Those sites are baloney when it comes to NSX values.

Look in the Pricing section of the NSX FAQ (in the "Buy Sell" area) for a good guide to NSX prices.

Tell us about the maintenance history of your car. Have the timing belt and water pump been replaced? When was the last time a major (30K/60K) service was performed?

I would also advise getting the dings repaired by a PDR guy, and the tools etc replaced, before selling it.

I would expect it to sell for somewhere in the $25-30K range, and probably the lower end of that range. But I could be wrong. Ask high; if it doesn't sell, you can always lower your price...

Last edited:
30k svc. was done.. but, not the timing belt/waterpump

Replaced Slave brake cylinder
Replaced both OEM BOSE speakers

oil change were 10w-30 synthetic mobil one..

i think $ 25-30k is a little lower than i expected.. i was expecting at least $ 34-35k

if that is the case, i might just part out other parts and sell the car bone stock..

eg. 6 spds tranny and 97+ brakes, tan interrior

-jjc.

Last edited:
I don't think you would have trouble getting 34K. You have very desirable upgrades and your mileage is low. However, if you sell it for 25... I'll take it :)

nsxtasy said:
Those sites are baloney when it comes to NSX values.

Look in the Pricing section of the NSX FAQ (in the "Buy Sell" area) for a good guide to NSX prices.

Tell us about the maintenance history of your car. Have the timing belt and water pump been replaced? When was the last time a major (30K/60K) service was performed?

I would also advise getting the dings repaired by a PDR guy, and the tools etc replaced, before selling it.

I would expect it to sell for somewhere in the $25-30K range, and probably the lower end of that range. But I could be wrong. Ask high; if it doesn't sell, you can always lower your price...

Are they really that off. I know NSX's keep value very well. And I thought I was very well informed. :mad: Anyway, that is the same range as the one you posted. Now I am cnfused. :confused: Asking high is the way to go.

JJCNSX said:
30k svc. was done..
How many times, and how recently? Remember, the 30K service should be done every 30K miles or every 2 years, whichever comes first. And, while some of the items in the 30K service can go longer, others - such as the fluid changes (particularly the fluids, e.g. brake fluid) really do need to be changed based on time as much as on miles. The brake fluid should have been changed at least five times by now; if it has only been changed once in the past 11 years, that is a major deficiency.

NetViper said:
You have very desirable upgrades
Some of the upgrades are NOT desirable. For example, the body kit is something that eliminates a LOT of buyers, and is not something that many people are looking for. Same thing is true of the M3 spoiler. The net effect of mods like that is to lower the car's market value. And most of the mods that are generally desirable are not the ones that people will seek out and pay a lot of money for (like a supercharger, big brake kit, or even exhaust/headers).

This car is also in less than tip-top condition. It is five years overdue for a timing belt replacement. :eek: It has dings and is missing the tools and the spare tire. Those factors degrade its market value severely - not only in and of themselves, but also by making the car look like it has been poorly maintained, which it has. (A fastidious owner would have replaced tools and the spare tire - it would need a '97-04 spare to clear the '97 brakes - and would have gotten the dings out.) Aside from the below-average mileage, everything else about this car screams that it belongs in the "D" category in the pricing chart: "Below average condition and/or high to very high miles. Needs some attention. Shows considerable wear. Lack of maintenance." And, as you can see from the pricing chart, the D category straddles the $20-25K and the $25-30K ranges.

03Accord6SP said:
Are they really that off. I know NSX's keep value very well. And I thought I was very well informed. :mad: Anyway, that is the same range as the one you posted. Now I am cnfused. :confused:
The problem with those guides (NOT the FAQ guide) is that they really don't take into account the things that make one NSX different from another. For example, take a car like this '92. That one is an extremely well maintained car, with all problems fixed. It's in the "A" category: "Excellent condition across the board. Very well maintained, low miles. No deferred maintenance." It's also close to bone stock. At a $32K asking price, it sold within an hour of being posted on NSXprime, and it probably could have sold for several thousand dollars more. But if you look in KBB or Edmunds, they would probably claim that it is worth about the same $26K or so as the '93 we're now talking about.

Feel free to disagree. Remember, you only have to find ONE suc... :D I mean, ONE buyer who thinks it's worth as much as you do; the rest of the world can disagree...

Last edited:
Hmm.. After reading Ken's posts, I think he is right.

However, I would still be interested in it. I would just sell my 93 for yours :)

Thank you for your reply.

everyone are entitled for their opinion/preferences. Same as mods, some might like it some might not.

I bought the car for about 1 year, my friend owned it before me. I am sure he took good care of it. When i am about to sell it, i will find out about the SVC. in detail

As for dings, it is VERYVERY minor, you can hardly see it, and you can NOT see it from the pix link... I would only fix it when i find someone that fixed ding on a nsx before (dentless remove)

As for the tool tray, i am looking for one.. maybe for the spare tire too (larger 97+).. i chose to not install it due to weight saving.

The "modification" that i chose, i only used OEM mod... such as 97+ tranny, and 97+ brake..

For the bodykit and M3 lip.. it is reverseable.. it is doubleside tape. no screws..

I greatly appreciate everyone'sopinion.. Something to think about when i sell it.

-jjc.

nsxtasy said:
How many times, and how recently? Remember, the 30K service should be done every 30K miles or every 2 years, whichever comes first. And, while some of the items in the 30K service can go longer, others - such as the fluid changes (particularly the fluids, e.g. brake fluid) really do need to be changed based on time as much as on miles. The brake fluid should have been changed at least five times by now; if it has only been changed once in the past 11 years, that is a major deficiency.

Some of the upgrades are NOT desirable. For example, the body kit is something that eliminates a LOT of buyers, and is not something that many people are looking for. Same thing is true of the M3 spoiler. The net effect of mods like that is to lower the car's market value. And most of the mods that are generally desirable are not the ones that people will seek out and pay a lot of money for (like a supercharger, big brake kit, or even exhaust/headers).

This car is also in less than tip-top condition. It is five years overdue for a timing belt replacement. :eek: It has dings and is missing the tools and the spare tire. Those factors degrade its market value severely - not only in and of themselves, but also by making the car look like it has been poorly maintained, which it has. (A fastidious owner would have replaced tools and the spare tire - it would need a '97-04 spare to clear the '97 brakes - and would have gotten the dings out.) Aside from the below-average mileage, everything else about this car screams that it belongs in the "D" category in the pricing chart: "Below average condition and/or high to very high miles. Needs some attention. Shows considerable wear. Lack of maintenance." And, as you can see from the pricing chart, the D category straddles the $20-25K and the $25-30K ranges.

The problem with those guides (NOT the FAQ guide) is that they really don't take into account the things that make one NSX different from another. For example, take a car like this '92. That one is an extremely well maintained car, with all problems fixed. It's in the "A" category: "Excellent condition across the board. Very well maintained, low miles. No deferred maintenance." It's also close to bone stock. At a $32K asking price, it sold within an hour of being posted on NSXprime, and it probably could have sold for several thousand dollars more. But if you look in KBB or Edmunds, they would probably claim that it is worth about the same $26K or so as the '93 we're now talking about.

Feel free to disagree. Remember, you only have to find ONE suc... :D I mean, ONE buyer who thinks it's worth as much as you do; the rest of the world can disagree...

Re: Value of 93 Red NSX w/ 6spds + 97 Brake?

JJCNSX said:
NO accident, no repaint

Maybe I'm holding you to a high standard, but IMHO painting the rear valence and black top to the body color is evidence of a repaint. Not to mention the addition of a body kit.

I know alot of members do it to give their car and "updated" look.

I usually feel that any car with mods is a much harder sell, since it really appeals to a smaller pool of buyers.

Last edited:
Back