• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

93 Red/Black NSX 100% Stock - VIN# JH4NA115XPT000100

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 1993 (VIN# JH4NA115XPT000100) 100th car built in the year. These are the features of the 93 versus the earlier models (from nsxprime):

- Added cup holder to center console (console cover has two separate openings)
- Added Passenger Side Air Bag
- Changed Rear Alignment to less toe-in to improve tire wear
- Switched A/C system from CFC-based R12 to ozone-friendly R134A
- Other minor improvements

I am the second owner, the first was is Florida. I purchased through a dealer (the car was traded in on a new NSX), but there were no records available. I put a fair amount into dealer checkout, maintenance and basic replacement of standard wear items.
Work performed while under my ownership:

- New timing belt
- New water pump
- New timing cover plates
- New timing idle pulley
- New timing cover seals
- New accessory belts
- New cam shaft seals (there was apparently small leak detected by the dealer – the entire rocker arm assemblies are removed and inspected during this procedure)
- Injectors flow tested and profiled – very well matched
- New plugs
- Compression tested – well within specifications – 2 psi variation between cylinders
- New cabin fan & transistor & rebuild climate control computer (fan issue)
- New clutch master and slave (small leak found on master – changed both at recommendation of dealer)
- New radiator hoses in engine compartment

General Condition:

- Seats are in excellent condition with only very minor wear on bolster (see photo)
- Interior condition is probably a 9 out of 10
- Exterior condition is probably an 8 out of 10 (See reasons below)
- AC blows cold, temp sensors and fan speed control works fine
- Clutch is perfect – history and wear level unknown
- Front has about 70% left, rears have about 98%

Issues:

- Front needs standard re-finish from normal rock chips – no dents or deformations. bumper only – hood is perfect
- Top has a couple of areas where the clear coat has faded – needs to be repainted
- Rear bumper has single spot where it looks like a garage door marred the paint finish (no actual damage or deformation to the bumper ) - $1500 has been quoted for all of these touch up items.
- There is a small rock chip (already “fixed”) just to the left of the drivers line of sight. No other flaws on the windshield. Not bad, but it is there.
- The right passenger side door inlay has a small amount of ripple to the metalized coating. Not bad enough to change in my opinion… Have picture
- The stick shift knob has dulled slightly – 13 years will do that.
- The rear end probably needs a new CV joint – this shows up on occasion as a slight knocking sound under just the right loading conditions.

There is NO damage history and the body is perfectly clean from the tell-tail signs of anything “funny” going on. Car is in 100% stock condition. I have not had time to get the car to the dealer to address the above items, so I’m just lowering the ask price accordingly.

I purchased this “older” NSX as I wanted to get a feel for the cars before laying loads for a newer one. After driving this car, and test driving several 2006 cars, they can’t hold a candle to its performance. So I’m off in search of a 2004-2005 NSX!

This is an excellent opportunity to experience the NSX without outlaying bucket loads of money - This cars handling and performance are mind boggling and a serious head turner. A few minor touch up items and it’s virtually new!

Car is located in Albuquerque, NM – 67.7K Miles, ask price is $28,000 - Typical sale for this car is around $32K with the items already addressed.

Sale Pending as of 5/10/06

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 4.JPG