• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'92 will not start & have changed main relay

Help!
My '92 will not start. The engine just cranks but will not start. I have changed the main relay and it still will not start..Any suggestions before I call the tow truck.

fcs1965 said:
Help!
My '92 will not start. The engine just cranks but will not start. I have changed the main relay and it still will not start..Any suggestions before I call the tow truck.
The first thing would be to see if you are getting any fuel to the engine and the second would be spark. Do you have any mechanical ability with engines? If not call a tow truck. After turning it over a few times remove a spark plug and see how it looks. If you are receiving fuel but no ignition the plug should have fuel on it or at least have a strong fuel smell. How does it look, any carbon buildup on it? To check for spark you can put the plug wire back on the plug but don't put the plug back in the engine. Ground the metal nut part of the plug by holding it against a metal part of the engine (careful you could get a shock from this wear a glove). Have someone turn the car over and you will see the spark jump the electrode. I have never worked on an nsx, but have built and worked on alot of engines over the years.

Hope this helps

I had the same problem recently. Check your fuses in your fuse boxes under the bonnet and the dash board.

you could also check the ignition switch. I changed my main relay and mine wouldnt start all the time still, but then changed ignition switch and fires everytime now

Back