92 White Automatic Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction Jan 4-6

I plan to attend as a spectator. I'll provide a report on this one:

http://ftlauderdaleauction.com/?page=home&MAKE=ACURA

Here is some of the ad copy:
1992 ACURA "ALL ALUMINIUM BODY" NSX !! , COLD A/C, AUTOMATIC TRANS, PS-PB-PW, EXELLANT CAR INSIDE AND OUT, VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION & A TRUE COLLECTOR'S CAR !!​

(Doesn't spelling count any more?)

92 with ps hmmmm I dont think so

"I don't think so" as in "I'm not interested" or as in "That doesn't exist?"

Note: It's an automatic; automatics came with PS. Per the Wiki there were 23 '92 in white with auto.

Which day are you going? My cousin is selling the Ford GT there.

Last edited:
Drove this car in Memphis.

It's had paint work.

Drives decent, but check engine light came on at high rpm. Shut off and turned it back on and it was gone. Ran strong, though.

Gear selector seemed sticky.

Dude selling it was at a dealership and told me that he paid to have new slotted rotors put on to get rid of a brake shimmy, had the wheels refinished and had the front nose repainted to get rid of rock chips. He showed me the original seat leathers and door panel leathers, too. They were in a box.

He was also asking $21,500.

I saw it a few weeks later for sale from a dealership in FL for $29,500.

This car may have been worth $21,500, but definitely not much more than that in my book.

Just my $.02

Follow up:
I was not able to attend the auction on Saturday after all, but I did go on Sunday. The car had been up for auction on Saturday, so I missed the results.

The car was OK. I was not able to get a really close inspection, such as looking for accident damage, but overall impression of the car was favorable. It had aftermarket seat coverings, done in two-tone red/black that looked OK. The car in general presented nicely, no glaring deficiencies but nothing super-special, either. I would agree with ntenseone's assessment, probably worth somewhere in the low $20's.

I don't know if the car was sold and if so at what price. The auction website has not posted results. Yesterday morning I sent an email to the contact on the website asking for the results but I have not heard back, don't know that I ever will.

Sorry I don't have more info at this time.

Maybe I'm missing it in this post, but I have yet to see what the miles are. I would think that would play a major role in what the car is worth.

Be nice to see what it went for. Like I said, it'd probably be a pretty good buy at $21,500.

Back