92 nsx rough condition with 118k miles in snap ring range how much?

i am thinking about picking up a 92 nsx with 118k miles clean title. paint is in okay condition aftermarket color, nice wheels, but hood does not line up correctly with the headlights bumper looks like its sitting about half inch lower than it suspose to (front end accident possible). and the tranny is in snap ring range. interior is pretty mess up. what you guy think is a fair price for the car?
btw the car have check engine light on and also traction control light on and seller is selling it as is. you smog.

Last edited:
i am thinking about picking up a 92 nsx with 118k miles clean title. paint is in okay condition aftermarket color, nice wheels, but hood does not line up correctly with the headlights bumper looks like its sitting about half inch lower than it suspose to. and the tranny is in snap ring range. interior is pretty mess up. what you guy think is a fair price for the car?

Is this the car on this ad.?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/785006817.html

yes ur right. its in rough condition. minor front end collision, interior in bad shape center consol all mess up carpet torn seats rough, tranny is in snap ring range and etc etc....... dont know if i should consider it as my track car because of the front end collision

If you want to consider it as a true track car I would think you might want to look at it as a major rebuild for the track. Other than that, why would you even think about looking at it.:confused:

well i was thinking running in the stock class first then work my way up.

well i was thinking running in the stock class first then work my way up.

Even that, with a true track safe car it would cost you lots of bucks, unless you are very handy. Just my opinion, nothing more.

Last edited:
yes ur right. its in rough condition. minor front end collision, interior in bad shape center consol all mess up carpet torn seats rough, tranny is in snap ring range and etc etc....... dont know if i should consider it as my track car because of the front end collision

I would not even think about getting it at all! Save your money and get a better car with less headaches. It will cost you a lot more by the time your done! that is my opinion.

yea thats what i was thinking plus the check engine light and traction control light are both on so i know it will not pass smog. :-( yea might as well spend 2k more and get a much better condititon one.

yea thats what i was thinking plus the check engine light and traction control light are both on so i know it will not pass smog. :-( yea might as well spend 2k more and get a much better condititon one.

If the check engine light and TCS are on, it likely just needs new O2 sensors. You can buy them from SOS. You probably only need the front bank. About a $300 fix. Does owner have other records? Does it need TB & WP service? I would deduct all the services you think need to be done from the $23000 and make an offer. So if you pay $20k and do $3k in services and end up at $23k with a freshly serviced NSX, it's doesn't seem like a bad deal. And while you have the motor out for TB & WP, have them fix the snap ring. But if it has 117k miles and it hasn't had an issue, my guess is that it's not going to. The add says OBO so make an offer you're comfortable with. Seems like it could be a pretty good deal for a track car that is likely to get beaten pretty hard anyhow.

If the check engine light and TCS are on, it likely just needs new O2 sensors. You can buy them from SOS. You probably only need the front bank. About a $300 fix. Does owner have other records? Does it need TB & WP service? I would deduct all the services you think need to be done from the $23000 and make an offer. So if you pay $20k and do $3k in services and end up at $23k with a freshly serviced NSX, it's doesn't seem like a bad deal. And while you have the motor out for TB & WP, have them fix the snap ring. But if it has 117k miles and it hasn't had an issue, my guess is that it's not going to. The add says OBO so make an offer you're comfortable with. Seems like it could be a pretty good deal for a track car that is likely to get beaten pretty hard anyhow.

i really don't have problem with the mechanical issue but its the physical issue that bother me.

you have to consider the front end collision the car had. the whole front end looks like its been push down about half inch. the bumper and hood headlights are all misaligned

i really don't have problem with the mechanical issue but its the physical issue that bother me.

you have to consider the front end collision the car had. the whole front end looks like its been push down about half inch. the bumper and hood headlights are all misaligned

Run away! don't buy. If the damage is the main frame or axle, don't buy it. Minor damages like fenders, doors, seat and ect.. I may consider.

RUN AWAY!!

yeah i didnt buy it

you should look on autotrader there's one on there for like 24k in hacienda height (socal)... The car looks in good condition!

Back