92 NSX Featured in Sport Compact Car

Go here for cover shot and outline details: http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/toc/thismonth/

"Old School Brawl" between 3000GT, 300ZX, EVO III, Galant VR4, 92 NSX, (old school) vs. EVO MR and WRX STi (new school).

The modestly modified NSX fared very well, considering it was the lowest hp car of the group, giving away a minimum of 29 rwhp up to a maximum of 320! Finished 3rd out of 8 at Willow Springs on Pirelli P7000's while the rest of the cars had stickier rubber. Article lists mods to every car in test, plus has some nice photos. :wink:

PS. Oops...just noticed. Go here for the rest of the story: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66029

YES!! I saw that article and snatched up the magazine right away while I was out getting groceries (in the NSX by the way) with the wife. She just shook her head. :)

IMG_1737.jpg

Naylor said:
the lap times seemed slow. anyone else think so?

The tires had a lot to do with that. Too bad there were not some S03's on there.

last time i was out there we had a guy lap a 1:30 in a completely stock STi on stock rubber. I was surprised to see that modded sti pull lower times.

anyway, it was great to see the nsx on the cover. it just reinforced my desire to jump ship (subaru) and buy an nsx. :biggrin:

NetViper said:
The tires had a lot to do with that. Too bad there were not some S03's on there.
From previous link somewhere in prime space but just to reiterate

I enjoyed reading the following excerpts:
-----------------------------------------------------------

• ** "Described as the "thinking man's supercar," the almost entirely aluminum Acura NSX was undoubtedly an exotic, but it did a few things that [other] exotic cars of the time just couldn't do...

+Like start every morning". :biggrin:

• ** "Despite running with a pack of cars equipped with race rubber and hundreds more horsepower, the NSX still pulled off the fastest rear-wheel drive lap time of the day......" [Driver had inadequate time to change tires-using Pirelli P7000]

• ** "The NSX may have been the best-balanced car at the track. Not simply in its dynamics, but also because each aspect of the car's performance was matched to the other aspects. The car didn't put down ridiculous horsepower figures, and didn't have super sticky rubber or big brakes or hardcore suspension, either. But each of the mild modifications on the NSX were a perfect companion to each other"

Back