92 NSX Black on black

Hello everyone. I live in Victoria B.C. and found through a another member on this forum a 92 nsx. it has 490000km Not miles. and he is asking $55,0000 Canadian. What do you guys think. I gave 96BLKNSX the Vin # to check in CARFAX and the car looks clean, as well I heard the guy took good care of it. I would just like some feed back from you all. As well I am waiting on some pic's and to see if any mod's were done. Will post if he reply's back. I'll thank you guys now. Thanks...:) ;)

Having just gone through this myself, a $55K asking price is probably fair assuming that it is in truly immaculate condition inside and out. The price curve gets noticeably steeper as the mileage gets below ~70k km and goes really steep in the sub-40k km range.

A couple things to confirm (which you've probably picked up already here), is if the timing belt/water pump have been replaced...seems a rarity to have been done on the really low mileage cars. And even at 50k km, recognize you could be looking at a clutch replacement in the next 20k km depending on how the car has been driven. I drove a 69k km car which already had a clutch replaced and yet my 96k km '91 still has the original clutch and I feel no slippage yet. Silverhill Acura quoted me Cdn$2580 + tax for the clutch replacement. And of course get the tranny S/N.

Definitely post the pics. Some of the guys here can make some really astute comments just from the pics.

Lime Green: I have a bit more history on that car.

I ran an ICBC history check on Nov22 of last year. It was brought into the province on 14 March 2001. At the time I checked it was claim free.

The current owner bought the car from an Acura dealer in 96. I don't think he's put many kms on the car, although I don't recall specifics.

It was originally from Quebec.

The transmission case was replaced last year as a precaution, against snap ring failure. The work was done at our local Acura dealer. For what it's worth the service manager there thought the car was pretty solid, my words here but that was the overall impression he gave me...check with him, I suspect he'll remember the car.

I think it was totally stock. It has the optional Acura cell phone.

If you get it you have to promise to come autocrossing with us!

nsxtasy: I noticed that too. Unless it's had 440,000 km put on since Christmas it's the latter. That sure would be a downer to pay a premium for that car and discover it was just shy of a half million km.

Thanks guys!! HAHAHA !! lol yoy guys make me laugh. Yes it only has 49,000km on it. Thanks NSXTASY!!

Oh yes and that you Animate for the extra info.

Sorry guys, for the life of me I can not get the pic's on. They are too big. To many bytes. Is there any where I can e-mail them and some one add them? Thanks. There is only two pictures.

Thanks again.

Thanks... I couldn't do it for the life of me! But alteast with pictures this size you can really see the body! No dings so far?

Shawn

Animate said:
Are you going to go up and take a look and a drive?

Well I would love too, but I am still discussing with the wife. I have to wait to see. She really wants me to get a targa. So if I have to wait a few more years well be it, but atleast it will all be worth it at the end.

Back