• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

91 Sebring Silver $27,500 jh4na1152mt001978

Status
Not open for further replies.
91 Sebring Silver $27,500 jh4na1152mt001978 or BRO

I'm not sure I can do this.... my mind keeps going blank whenever I try to start typing something. OK..... calm down Rob....... just had a baby.

pics and dyno here: http://www.nema.com/nsx

106,000 miles
Not in snap ring range
Black interior
Timing Belt, timing belt cover, valve adjustment, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid, water pump, camshaft plugs, struts and springs, spool valves, spark plugs, fuel filter, tie rod end, alignment just done at 103,000
5 speed
all records, oil changed with Mobil 1 every 3K miles
7 spoke rims from a '94 (plenty of life left in tires)
Comptech headers
Comptech CF intake
Comptech cat bypass pipes (original cats included)
HKS exhaust
Dali race sways
Dali harness bar
Schroth 4 point harnesses (3" w/cam locks)
Slotted/cross drilled rotors
Dali brushed aluminum coolant overflow tank
Polished alternator
Dali stainless braided hoses
New Zanardi floor mats
20% 3M tinted windows
includes original 5 spoke wheels
OEM car cover
Brand new OEM mechanics trunk/fender protector (if I can find it)
6 disc Alpine CD/MP3 changer
Detailed engine bay (original engine cover not seen in pics is included)
Driver side window regulator replaced (I have Dali Fixit thingy for right side)
Not a single ding that I can find

List of things that prevent this car from being perfect:
Standard wear on driver seat bolster
3rd and 5th gear synchros (when it's below 40 degrees it will sometimes grind on 2>3 or 4>5... I double clutch to prevent that. The 4>5 has been in existance since I bought the car with 11K miles).
Scuffing on front plastic lip
Curb rash on all four 7 spoke rims (5 spokes are fine)
Small crack in the usual place on the dash by the temp sensor
Small normal wear and tear scuffing on radio knobs, shifter and steering wheel
Window tracks need to be lubed
Driver window needs adjustment to eliminate wind noise
Usual tiny chips on nose/hood

Last edited by a moderator:
bumping this to see if there is any interest. wife is really pushing me to get something that accepts child seats.

changes from original post:
CT test pipes removed, cats back on car
OEM 5 spoke rims have been sold
OEM 7 spoke rims have been sold
car now has OZ 5 spokes, they do have scuffing
mileage is now around 120,000
mechanics fender protector has been sold
new zanardi floormats aren't so new any longer
front plastic lip was removed because driveway is too steep
rear drivers fender was scuffed by unknown adjacent car while parked at work. will send pics if there's interest.

price reduced from $27,500 to $24,000

sale NO LONGER pending. buyer backed out.

the stains (i assume youre referring to the newest pics which i did not post a link to here) is a pic of the small oil pan gasket leak that the potential buyer's PPI revealed. however it's so small that there is not a single drop of oil in my garage or on my parking space at work. if the deal falls through, i will describe the pics in detail but didn't want to post them or any info yet since someone else paid to have the PPI done....

buyer backed out due to BofA being difficult as a loan provider for an out of state, private party purchase. new pics taken during previous potential buyer's PPI (and after I had the car detailed) here:
http://www.nema.com/nsx/2006-11-15/

comments re: pics and PPI
ESP I think will tell you the car is in great shape and they gave it a clean bill of health with the following caveats
- Small exhaust leak (looks like it might be at a weld from where I recently had the cats put on - I've been driving the car without cats since I bought it in 1997 up until about 3 months ago)
- Small oil leak - appears to be the oil pan gasket - oil pan needs removing anyway when you pull the transmission to replace the synchros - there is no oil on my garage floor or parking space at work, so it's small (see pic #74)
- Heat did not work at idle, it does work fine when driving though they did not check it while driving (probably needs a thermostat)
- Radiator grills a bit beat up (see pics 78, 79, 80)

I think that was about the only comments they made to me. Additional things I've either recently noted or forgot to mention
- Leather on e-brake handle has come partially unstitched (pic 31)
- I think I disclosed wear on the drivers seat in my original for sale ad (pic 30)
- Some scratches on console cover between seats (pic 33)
- I replaced the OEM speakers/amps with an Xtant amp and MBQuart speakers, I did the work myself, it's not the greatest, I will include the original parts except the enclosure for the 4 inch "subwoofer" in case you want to return to stock
- Scuffs on the rear bumper, detail guy must have noticed and should have buffed it out, dunno why he didnt (pic 22)
- Gas tank cover doesn't pop open when you pull the release, it hasn't since the day I bought it - you just need to push the front part of the cover while pulling the release
- Front passenger wheel missing the centercap (pic 9)
- I believe I mentioned paint chips on the front end in my ad (pic 12)
- You asked for pics of wheels, the type of damage on the rims is typical of that seen in pic 16 (all wheels were straightened this past summer if necessary after I got them from a friend so it's simply cosmetic damage that was pre-existing)
- I painted the brake calipers but they could clearly use a repaint (pic 15, 17)
- The buffing didn't really help the fender scrape much (pic 18, 19, 20)
- Floo rmat wear seen in pic 40, 43
- Stock CD changer replaced with Alpine MP3 changer (pic 51)
- A couple of missing tools (pic 52)

Previous buyer backed out at the last minute. He paid to have a PPI done by Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA. I can provide contacts there if needed.

NOTE THIS PRICE IS FIRM. LOWBALL OFFERS (I've received plenty) will be ignored. The price has been dropped by $3500 to accommodate for the bad synchros and minor scrape on the fender. My asking price is MORE than fair.

Here is a link to additional pics after detailing and comments about some specifics pics and the PPI results:

Excerpts from my email to the potential buyer:
ESP I think will tell you the car is in great shape and they gave it a clean bill of health with the following caveats
- Small exhaust leak (looks like it might be at a weld from where I recently had the cats put on - I've been driving the car without cats since I bought it in 1997 up until about 3 months ago)
- Small oil leak - appears to be the oil pan gasket - oil pan needs removing anyway when you pull the transmission to replace the synchros - there is no oil on my garage floor or parking space at work, so it's small (see pic #74)
- Heat did not work at idle, it does work fine when driving though they did not check it while driving (probably needs a thermostat)
- Radiator grills a bit beat up (see pics 78, 79, 80)

I think that was about the only comments they made to me. Additional things I've either recently noted or forgot to mention
- Leather on e-brake handle has come partially unstitched (pic 31)
- I think I disclosed wear on the drivers seat in my original for sale ad (pic 30)
- Some scratches on console cover between seats (pic 33)
- I replaced the OEM speakers/amps with an Xtant amp and MBQuart speakers, I did the work myself, it's not the greatest, I will include the original parts except the enclosure for the 4 inch "subwoofer" in case you want to return to stock
- Scuffs on the rear bumper, detail guy must have noticed and should have buffed it out, dunno why he didnt (pic 22)
- Gas tank cover doesn't pop open when you pull the release, it hasn't since the day I bought it - you just need to push the front part of the cover while pulling the release
- Front passenger wheel missing the centercap (pic 9)
- I believe I mentioned paint chips on the front end in my ad (pic 12)
- You asked for pics of wheels, the type of damage on the rims is typical of that seen in pic 16 (all wheels were straightened this past summer if necessary after I got them from a friend so it's simply cosmetic damage that was pre-existing)
- I painted the brake calipers but they could clearly use a repaint (pic 15, 17)
- The buffing didn't really help the fender scrape much (pic 18, 19, 20)
- Floo rmat wear seen in pic 40, 43
- Stock CD changer replaced with Alpine MP3 changer (pic 51)
- A couple of missing tools (pic 52)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back